Directs and oversees the culinary functions of dining accounts. This includes ultimate accountability and responsibility of all culinary personnel, standards and functions assigned to the units. Assists the Regional Director/VP Culinary in all phases of planning, budgeting, analysis and reporting relating to the operation. Controls account expenditures and obtains maximum utilization of account resources while serving as an innovative culinary expert
Manages subordinate supervisors. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of assigned units. Also, directly supervises non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Satisfaction/Client Relations. Responsible for acceptable levels of customer satisfaction and public relations, account retention and growth related to the culinary program
- Responsible for attaining unit operating budgets and plans and participates in the formulation of budgets and plans with SR. operations guidance. Responsible for accurate and prompt completion of all recording and reporting activities. Manage challenges and innovations resulting in creative revenue generation and improvement, culinary creativity and expertise.
- Responsible for maintaining and implementing standards of quality in all areas of the food service operation(s). Participates in the development of account plan. Develop high culinary standards for operations and aids in maintaining these standards in assigned units. Plan and create all menus
- Responsible for the implementation of training and development of all culinary employees. Participation in the development of his/her performance plan and the plan of those who report to him/her, to include performance appraisals, training and development, action plans and safety programs.
- Responsible for compliance with all company, regional and account policies and programs. Conducts continuing analysis of unit operations and recommends any operational changes to the RVP. Must ensure that all purchasing for the unit is in compliance with the company purchasing program.
- Responsible for administering menu standards. Responsible for all purchasing standards, long term planning, quality control and new innovations. Responsible for all inventory control. Responsible of sanitation program as approved by client. Responsible for effective and ongoing safety programs as well as office administration.
- Oversees hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees;
- Ensure uniform standards of staff are maintained. Ensures that all kitchens provide nutritious, safe eye-appealing and properly flavored foods. Ensures that menus, production methods portions and service meet federal state and company standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Assists with training, coaching, and development of culinary team/Culinary chefs. Provides Culinary Leadership to Executive Chefs
- Observes methods of food preparation and cooking, sizes of portions, and garnishing of foods to ensure food is prepared in prescribed manner
- Other tasks may be assigned.
- Strong team player with good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Supports implementation of internal brands to brands standards
- Understands labor scheduling & can create based on business needs.
- Manage purchase compliance as required.
- Attends all culinary meetings as required.
- Understands all culinary terminology.
Essential Food Safety Practices:
- Must possess a valid Food Handler's Permit
- Current ServSafe Certification
- Adhere to all HACCP policies and procedures
- Manage daily and Monthly food safety trainings
- Adherence to company food standards for preparation, presentation, sanitation and safety (meeting HACCP and OSHA guidelines) and portion control
- Orders food and other supplies from approved sources
- Meeting all regulatory regulations for Food Safety
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Culinary Degree is strongly encouraged.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must meet state and local food handler requirements. Must possess food handler's permit. Must possess a ServSafe certification.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments)
Elior North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.