Summary: This position will report into the East Area Director, Managed Markets. The RAM will be directly responsible for the time sensitive market development and implementation of the coverage and reimbursement strategy that will maximize patient access and optimize patiromer profitability. The RAM will be responsible for minimizing and/or removing barriers associated with patient access to Relypsa, Inc. product(s) with target Regional payer accounts. This candidate will manage payer and customer key stakeholder relationships and will work to maintain patient access. This role is critical to the post launch strategy for patiromer with targeted Regional payer groups including commercial insurers, Regional local affiliates of National payers, and may include some local government entities.
- Past experience and successful track record with Regional payers. Existing relationships within these accounts critical.
- Proven credibility in gaining accelerated access to key decision makers and influencers with time efficiency within the targeted Plans.
- Prior track record of either obtaining optimal, profitable access and/or removing access barriers within Regional payer(s) for new product launch is desired.
- Experience in launching a new product and with managed markets contracting required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute managed market initiatives to a high level of achievement.
- Demonstrate Managed Markets knowledge and leadership with both internal stakeholders (Relypsa, Inc. cross functional teams including Marketing, MSDs (Medical Scientific Directors), OPs, and Sales Leadership teams) and external stakeholders (payer customers, KOLs, etc.) by thoroughly understanding how policy and formulary decisions are made by each key targeted payer and how to best influence and positively impact.
- Effectively communicate and maintain CRM system so that we build and maintain a data repository of all key payer account profiles and keep the life cycle of account management updated in our electronic database.
- Identify & utilize the resources needed to monitor managed market trends & market dynamics.
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, trade and medical affairs to develop execute the payer marketing strategy based on market research and market dynamics.
- Communicate effectively with the commercial team on managed market trends.
- Provide input to payer marketing on overall market strategy including feedback on the “local market strategy.”
- Adhere to and effectively communicate contract strategy, contract compliance, development, claims analysis, execution and ongoing tracking and management of contracts for government and commercial payers, insurers including ROI assessments and scenario planning.
- Operate in full compliance of company policies and corporate governance.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills (previous experience with payer contracting a must)
- Strong networking /leadership skills
- Action oriented, with a sense of urgency and professionalism
- Ability to drive and produce results
- Ability to plan, organize & prioritize activities
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Ability to think strategically and effectively & execute tactically
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Managing & measuring results and performance
- Business acumen & problem solving skills
- Demonstrates strong bottom-line orientation, with financial & budget responsibility
- The Great Lakes Region key markets include: New York, Michigan, Indiana
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor Degree - BA/BS required or equivalent; MBA preferred;
- Candidate should have 10 + years of demonstrated experience and proven success in biotech / pharmaceutical industry or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 year experience in sales/business management, reimbursement, contract strategy, managed care sales / marketing or related field or equivalent; Field sales management experience preferred
- Previous experience and track record of success as RAM or NAM, esp. in Medicare Part D preferred
- Successful experience launching products and successfully executing launch strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated strong financial background and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success in minimum one (1) year experience in key accounts (e.g. MCO’s, PBM’s, GPO’s, IDN’s, LTC, Medicaid, VA / DoD) with key contacts in Northeast Regional Accounts preferred.
- Demonstrate developing and executing pull-through success aligned with corporate objectives
- Demonstrated knowledge of assigned payer financial reimbursement coverage for both pharmacy and medical benefit
Physical Demands: Must be able to either fly and/or drive to see target customers
Work Environment: 70% Travel
As an employee of Relypsa, you will actively contribute to the development of potential new products. We provide opportunities for all employees to collaborate, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs and stock options reflect Relypsa’s high regard for our employees.
NOTE: This position summary is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Relypsa is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.