Req ID: 168661
BASIC PURPOSE: The primary purpose of this position is to profitably grow the Tire Care business at all sites through expanding our concentration of business with existing customers as well as the development of new accounts within assigned market area
- Manage existing customer base within region with the highest level of integrity and customer service.
- Secure profitable new business with both existing customers and new prospects.
- Manage and execute weekly travel within region.
- Negotiate and execute approved programs based on sales volume, and maintain assigned monthly margin and volume goals.
- Meet and/or exceed Year Over Year volume and profitability goals.
- Work closely with Zone Manager of Tire Sales & Marketing and other team members in identifying market and competitive trends.
- Actively promote all Love’s services to within region.
- Analyze and audit weekly and monthly reports.
- Work closely with Inside Support to insure proper account setup and timely and accurate customer support.
- Responsible for complete and accurate customer data within Salesforce customer management software.
- Represent Love’s at various state and national trade shows and conferences.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all Love’s vendors.
- Actively pursue opportunities for personal development within the department and company.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 years of commercial tire sales and territory management experience
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Proficent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Soft Skills: Work with other employees, team player, detail and deadline oriented, multitasking, organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to adapt and to grow from changing market conditions
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending and stooping.
- Occasional lifting up to 110 pounds.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
Job Function(s): Truck Tire Care
Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we’ve provided customers with highway hospitality and “Clean Places, Friendly Faces.” We’re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love’s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry’s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert