Professionally represent Alexion in educating LAL-D disease customers and identifying patients impacted by LAL-D and ensure high levels of visibility to Alexion’s disease awareness initiatives and a high degree of customer satisfaction in territory. Implement sales/marketing disease, diagnostic and branded programs. Maintain effective communication and relationships with key external and internal customers.
• Consistently achieve or exceeds sales objectives in assigned territory
• Create and maintain strategically targeted account-specific business plans that reflect an in-depth understanding of local market forces impacting product sales
• Develop and maintain strong in-depth clinical, technical and scientific knowledge
• Seek out and qualify leads and profile new accounts
• Educate on the diagnostic approach to the disease leading to a successful differential diagnosis and appropriate testing of patient populations
• Perform work in alignment with Alexion’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct as well as Alexion policies and procedures.
• Appropriately utilize all marketing tools and resources including power point presentations
• Lead the implementation of our patient-centric partnership model in assigned territory which will include physicians, their staff, patients, clinics, and hospitals
• Lead cross-functional STAR account teams to develop long-term relations with accounts
• Execute local promotional activities and programs for therapeutics areas
• Provide high level product expertise and customer service to all accounts
• Track activities and submit reports on sales activities accurately and on-time
• Proactively interact with Alexion management to refine product and market initiatives
• Effectively and efficiently manage time, priorities, CRM tool, resources and workload
• Proven, documented track record for delivering consistent ‘Top-tier’ sales results
• Minimum 5 years Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical sales experience
• Experience in pediatric specialty sales with a strong preference for one or more of following:
- Hospital sales experience in GI/Hepatolgy and Cardiology, or Lipodology specialties, and/or experience in markets selling to physicians specialized in treating Liver or Lipid Diseases
- Sales experience with enzyme replacement therapy products
- Sales experience in the orphan or ultra-orphan area
• Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment, on a consistent basis
• Experience in launching a biopharmaceutical in the past 3-5 years preferred
• Ability to gain consistent access & develop strong, professional relationships for scientific exchange and promotion with healthcare providers in community and academic centers
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and organizational abilities
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Ability to travel within assigned territory on a regular basis which will include frequent overnight and some weekend travel. Residence within territory boundaries. Travel is approximately 2 days/week.
• Degree in life science and/or business/marketing
• Advanced or Master’s degree preferred
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Some opportunities happen only once in a lifetime - like a job where you have the extraordinary opportunity to change lives. At Alexion, such opportunities arise through our unwavering mission to serve patients and families affected by rare diseases. These patients are our guiding star, and we act with integrity, urgency, and discipline because we know their lives are at stake.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients and families affected by rare diseases through the discovery, development and commercialization of life-changing therapies. As the global leader in complement biology and inhibition for more than 20 years, Alexion has developed and commercializes the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH), atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), and anti-acetylcholine receptor (AchR) antibody-positive generalized myasthenia gravis (gMG). Alexion also has two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare metabolic disorders, hypophosphatasia (HPP) and lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, the company is developing two late-stage therapies, a second complement inhibitor and a copper-binding agent for Wilson disease. Alexion focuses its research efforts on novel molecules and targets in the complement cascade and its development efforts on the core therapeutic areas of hematology, nephrology, neurology, and metabolic disorders. Alexion has been named to the Forbes list of the World's Most Innovative Companies seven years in a row and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts' Innovation District. The company also has offices around the globe and serves patients in more than 50 countries.
Alexion's aspiration is to be the most rewarding place to work, where people are empowered to make a difference and where diversity of backgrounds and ideas is encouraged. We are looking for talented individuals who share our passion and commitment to change the lives of patients with rare diseases. We hope you will consider joining our team. Further information about Alexion can be found at: www.alexion.com.
As a leading employer in our industry, Alexion is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more.