Amarin Corporation plc (“Amarin”) is a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company developing and selling therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health. Amarin, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: AMRN) with approximately 900 employees, is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has its US operations (Amarin Pharma Inc.) based in Central New Jersey. Amarin has successfully developed, registered and launched VASCEPA® in the U.S. market with a network of third-party companies aligned with Amarin to advance commercialization of VASCEPA® globally. In the U.S., VASCEPA® was launched in 2013 for its initial indication of as a treatment of Very High Triglycerides (i.e. patients with TG levels ≥ 500mg/dL).
In November 2018, unprecedented clinical results were announced from a landmark global cardiovascular outcomes study in which VASCEPA® was demonstrated significantly lower the risk of cardiovascular events on beyond the current standard of care for cholesterol management. This study was recognized as the top clinical result in 2018 by The New England Journal of Medicine. Amarin recently announced plans to increase the size of the U.S. sales force from 400 to 800 representatives and anticipates accelerated revenue growth from VASCEPA® based on the unprecedented results recently announced its outcomes study. In December 2019, Amarin received approval from the FDA on an expanded label for VASCEPA® to reflect the results of this outcomes study, called the REDUCE-IT study. Amarin is a science driven company focused on improving patient care. It is truly an exciting time to join the Amarin team.
The company’s U.S. entity, Amarin Pharma Inc, is seeking a West Regional Account Manager. The Regional Account Manager’s (RAM primary responsibilities are to secure and maintain profitable coverage (reimbursement) and access for Amarin Pharma Inc. products within assigned accounts. They will build and lead successful pull through campaigns in collaboration with Regional Sales Teams to maximize the impact of the coverage and access. Coverage and access goals will be achieved through contracting where necessary and non-contracting opportunities where possible, including successful pull-through of National contracts at the Regional client level. The RAM will assess and diagnose the current business environment in each key account to gain and maintain targeted formulary access for Vascepa with profitable terms, as well as maximize the pull through of the access.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a market expansion in a growing entrepreneurial-minded team-oriented environment, where sales performance and territory ownership are paramount. Amarin offers competitive base pay, quarterly incentive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits including stock options and auto allowance program.
• Leverage strong account management experience and strategic account planning to effectively penetrate accounts, develop an understanding of their needs, and negotiate and maintain profitable access for Amarin Pharma Inc. products.
• Primary customers include Regional MCOs, PBMs, IDNs, ACOS, Medical groups, and Health Systems.
• Utilize strong business acumen, comprehensive account and industry knowledge, and financial modeling to develop compelling proposals and negotiations strategies, as needed.
• Work closely with National Account team and Medical Affairs team to demonstrate the clinical and economic value of Amarin Pharma Inc. products to Regional MCOs, PBMs, ACOs, IDNs and Health Systems.
• Responsible for building effective pull through strategies and providing pull through support for Sales teams that will drive plan performance, ensure contracts meet profitability targets and ultimately meet overall company sales objectives.
• Coordinate ongoing meetings to support sales pull through, messaging, and tools to drive utilization at plans.
• Implements approved plans and monitors plan execution against targets.
• Develops and implements business reviews of key accounts/marketplace on at least a quarterly basis with Area Sales Directors (ASD).
• Serves as a resource in collaboration with ASD, Regional Business Managers (RBM), Sales Professionals when appropriate for accounts within their regions/districts/territories. Provide managed care training and issue resolution as needed.
• Responsible for the successful execution of approved marketing initiatives within compliance.
• Be a student of his/her profession; Participate in key conventions as needed to remain current in an ever changing environment.
• Ensures that all activities within the role of RAM remain in compliance with all corporate, regulatory and legal guidelines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education/Training: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Must have a valid Drivers License
• Field based position with travel greater than 50% which will include overnight and some weekend travel
• Must be able to freely and frequently operate and travel by car and train/plane modes of transportation
• 8+ Years Pharmaceutical Industry Experience with 3+yrs focused in Managed Care
• Record of success working with a wide variety of Regional and Sub-national Managed Care customers, preferably within target accounts.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with key decision makers in target accounts.
• Contracting and negotiation with MCOs, PBMs, IDNs and Health Systems with experience in cardiovascular or similar therapeutic area.
• Demonstrated business to business sales with prior District Management and/or Account Team Leadership experience.
• Solid track record in developing and implementing effective pull through plans, including analytics and metrics to track success.
• Documented success working collaboratively and effectively with sales teams to execute pull through strategies that drive sales and in-turn, positively influence access decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to work with sales teams to help them overcome access barriers, including barriers based on UM restrictions and/or patient out-of-pocket costs.
• Proven record of high ethical values and health care compliance
• Strong analytical skills and writing skills; contracting and negotiation.
• Works as a team player; solid organizational skills with ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Persuasive and influential with a strong ability to effectively lead without formal authority.