DCC Propane LLC is searching for an experienced bookkeeper in the Portland/Vancouverarea to provide support to our districts in our Pacific NW region. Our primary operating division includes propane distribution in 10 states around the US. Our regional bookkeepers assist and report to the professional accounting staff based in Roberts, IL to provide technical and general accounting support, internal auditing, and operational analysis and reporting for the Company.
- Provide support to district offices through training and guidance in regards to accounting procedures.
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of procedures.
- Assist districts in meeting month-end and project deadlines.
- Evaluate and develop district bookkeeping staff.
- Frequent travel for on-site support and training.
- Assist the accounting staff based in Roberts, IL with database maintenance and standardization projects as needed.
- Assist the accounting staff based in Roberts, IL with testing and review of new project rollouts as needed.
- Experience in general accounting, dealing with general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and various federal, state and local taxes
- Strong management and decision making skills in a team-based environment
- Ability to mentor, train and manage employees in a constructive, professional manner to achieve the highest levels of productivity possible
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to meet deadlines and goals
- Sincere interest in the development of business solutions through the use of new technology
- Ability and desire for overnight travel to out of state locations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products