Amarin Corporation plc (“Amarin”) is a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company developing and selling therapeutics to improve cardiovascular health. Amarin, a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: AMRN) with approximately 550 employees, is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has its US operations (Amarin Pharma Inc.) based in Central New Jersey. Amarin has successfully developed, registered and launched VASCEPA® in the U.S. market with a network of third-party companies aligned with Amarin to advance commercialization of VASCEPA® globally. In the U.S., VASCEPA® was launched in 2013 for its initial indication of as a treatment of Very High Triglycerides (i.e. patients with TG levels ≥ 500mg/dL). In November 2018, unprecedented clinical results were announced from a landmark global cardiovascular outcomes study in which VASCEPA® was demonstrated significantly lower the risk of cardiovascular events on beyond the current standard of care for cholesterol management. This study was recognized as the top clinical result in 2018 by The New England Journal of Medicine. Amarin recently announced plans to increase the size of the U.S. sales force from 400 to 800 representatives and anticipates accelerated revenue growth from VASCEPA® based on the unprecedented results recently announced its outcomes study. Amarin plans to seek expanded labeling for VASCEPA® to reflect the results of this outcomes study, called the REDUCE-IT study. Amarin is a science driven company focused on improving patient care. It is truly an exciting time to join the Amarin team.
The company’s U.S. entity, Amarin Pharma Inc, is seeking a Regional Business Manager (RBM) in the Evansville area. The Regional Business Manager will lead, inspire and develop a team including Sales Professionals and Sr. Sales Professionals, managing approximately 9 - 11 employees, in promoting VASCEPA® to general practitioners, specialists and other healthcare professionals in compliance with internal policy and applicable laws/regulations. The RBM will develop and deliver the sales strategy and serve as a key information holder regarding the marketplace and thus, be able to react appropriately to that market as needed. The RBM will deliver sales results per assigned quarterly goal and manage regional metrics, issues, staff and customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a market expansion in a growing entrepreneurial-minded team-oriented environment, where sales performance and territory ownership are paramount. Amarin offers competitive base pay, uncapped quarterly incentive compensation, comprehensive employee benefits including stock options and auto allowance program.
Candidates must possess a 4-year college degree and have 5 years of successful pharmaceutical sales experience, with 4 years plus of proven success as a Regional Business Manager/District Manager preferred.
· 4-year college degree (B.A., B.S. or equivalent).
· Proven pharmaceutical sales management success; and strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Excellent presentation skills and ability to motivate a sales force as demonstrated by previous proven success.
· Residence within the geographic region is required
· Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, which includes motor vehicle and drug screening
· Must have valid driver’s license.
· Must be able to travel within region for field ride-alongs. Some overnight or weekend travel will be required.
· Relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
· Previous cardiovascular or metabolic sales management experience strongly preferred.
· Current relationships with key physicians in the region.
· Experience selling in the triglyceride/ CV / cholesterol / diabetes markets.
· Understanding of the cardiovascular sales environment and its challenges.
· Deep understanding on how to sell in a crowded market place, with a focus on lipid management and new testing methodology.
· Sales Training experience helpful