The Regional Carrier Representative is responsible for handling all brokerage operations by working both in-house and with various offices and divisions of ATS Logistics throughout the U.S. The Regional Carrier Representative will dispatch qualified carriers to available freight, while growing and maintaining carrier relationships in an assigned region; acting as a liaison between the carriers and shippers/customers.
Education and Experience
- Higher education (i.e. two or four year degree) preferred but not required
- Good understanding of marketing, sales and customer service
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effective verbal and written communication; over the phone, in person, and via email
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contact existing, inactive or potential carriers
- Negotiate rates with carriers to handle customer shipments; maintain pricing and rate quoting competitive to the current market conditions
- Learn to sell our well recognized product
- Dispatch qualified carrier to available freight, providing all pertinent information necessary for a high level of service, responding to questions, investigating and resolving problems as needed, and updating carrier trips in the data system
- Update computer system to reflect accurate information
- Manage a book of business in excess of a million dollars annually
- Act as a liaison between carriers and shippers
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; write clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information
- Balance team and individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Set and achieve challenging goals; measure self against standard of excellence
- In support of ATS’s culture, all employees are expected to consistently, effectively and reliably perform in accordance with the Company’s values as set forth in our core competencies and behaviors (All Employee and All Manager Competencies).
- Infrequent travel may be required
- Ability to work remotely on occasion
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and use finger, handle or touch objects or controls.