Do you have a passionfor identifying risks? Are you practical thinker who’s driven to help others?This is your opportunity to give those passions and talents new purpose byapplying them to meaningful work at The Hartford.
- Takes initiative to stay informed and abreast of marketdevelopments and company business strategies
- Displays strong product knowledge, sales abilities andunderwriting skills at transactional business level
- Is creative in use of underwriting tools and techniquesto retain quality renewal book.
- Exhibit a commitment to finding ways to retain accountswithout sacrificing quality; -
- Demonstrates ability to properly analyze, select andprice business.
- Demonstrates skill in analysis of loss and riskinformation, recognition of "red flags" and inconsistencies ininformation, appropriate evaluation and efficiency in determining and obtaining"need to know" information.
- Effective in utilizing underwriting knowledge tosuccessfully carry out respective profit and growth initiatives.
- Demonstrates underwriting acumen in making businessdecisions to manage book mix and leverages production opportunities to ensureterritory profitability.
- Understands and communicates rationale for underwritingdecisions.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of Bond’s targetproducts and programs.
- Can articulate the value proposition of The Hartford tocustomers and leverage relationships that may exist with other businesssegments (e.g. HFP, Specialty Programs , alternative markets)
- Utilizes automation tools to support the underwritingprocess.
- Uses technology to access information to stay abreast ofcurrent issues and trends affecting the insurance industry, competitive data,risk/class specific information, marketplace data, etc.
- Focuses sales activities from a "big picture"or book of business perspective.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA stronglydesired.
- 8+ years experience in bond industry
- AFSB designation preferred, but not required.
- Prior Bond Underwriting leadership experience preferred
- A consistent high level of performance over the careerspan
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Job Bond UW
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Frisco
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting:Mar 18, 2019, 12:20:18 PM
Remote Worker Option:No