For more than 79 years, the USO—a private, nonprofit organization—has served the men and women of the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform – from the moment they join, through their deployments and as they transition back to their communities.
Today’s USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Regional Development Manager – Central Region is responsible for successful implementation of fundraising strategies at the field/grassroots level within Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma and Missouri, or within Texas, Arkansas and New Mexico.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- In coordination with USO Development staff and leadership, lead and support corporate, individual, foundation and grassroots development initiatives and fundraising strategies for direct-report and chartered USO operations within assigned region. Serve as primary liaison between direct-report and charter USO centers and the Development team. *
- Report to the Central Region Vice President for Development and support fundraising and development efforts from individuals, corporations, foundations, clubs and organizations at USO-sponsored programs and events within assigned region. Ensure financial, contractual and branding standards are met.*
- Cultivate and engage key volunteer leadership and USO staff within the assigned region in support of reaching established fundraising goals. Serve as a resource for providing and/or accessing expertise in support of fundraising programs.*
- Provide additional support to the Central Region Vice President of Development as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years work experience in individual, foundation, and corporate giving/sponsorship development role. Relevant experience in a non-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to deliver compelling call-to-action cases to internal and external stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Solid knowledge of IRS guidelines for charitable contributions and Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability.
- Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a matrix team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Ability to manage a high volume of assignments with varying complexity and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO’s mission to lift the spirits of America’s troops and their families.
- This position is located in Dallas, TX. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location. Relocation assistance or remote working arrangements may be considered for highly qualified candidates.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.