- Assists the COO in reviewing progress against business case expectations and operational metrics to ensure that financial and operational risks are properly managed.
- Works with the Parallon HIM team on various implementation/acquisition activities and projects.
- Oversees pre‐acquisition facility activities, including but not limited to forms management, record management, facility HIM operational assessments, action planning, and staff education.
- Manages and/or assists the HIM Leaders with the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) and Parallon HIM pre‐ migration/implementation activities, including but not limited to, FTE baselining and management, forms management, interface workbook development, operational assessment, action planning, productivity monitoring, ROI management, record storage and destruction management, staff education, and HIM operations clean-up.
- Takes an active role in ensuring each facility is managing their medical record forms including, but not limited to, compiling a comprehensive inventory that includes adherence to proper design requirements, bar coding standardization, labeling with patient identifiers, size, and ongoing strategic forms management planning.
- Understands integration efforts and participates in document mapping for integrity of the Legal Health Record.
- Manages, and at times, participates in, communication efforts with HIM personnel, facility department leadership, facility leadership, and medical staff, including project related facility core team meetings.
- Interviews, hires, and provides supervision and leadership oversight to HSC operations and transcription staff, and facility‐based HSC staff.
- Assists the Facility HIM Leaders with planning,preparation and integration of facility HIM functions/processes into the HSC.
- Leads key communication efforts with facility, HSC and remote based HIM personnel, Facility HIM Leadership, Facility Leadership, Medical Staff Leadership, SSC Leadership, and Division Leadership.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of departmental policy and procedures in compliance with Parallon HIM requirements and standards.
- Ensures HIM operational productivity standards are maintained or exceeded during transition.
- Appropriate Access Analyst oversight and support (as applicable).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management required.
- A minimum of 10 years of HIM department experience is preferred, three or more years is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years healthcare management experience required.
- RHIA or RHIT strongly preferred
We offer training support, competitive salary and excellent benefits to include several insurance package options for Medical, Dental and Vision; Paid Time Off for vacation, sick leave and holidays, Employer-paid Short Term Disability, Company matching 401K and more!
Parallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), minority/ female/ veteran/ disabled, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, and competitive compensation.