US LBM is one of the leading and fastest growing distributors of specialty building materials in the United States, with a team of over 8,500 employees located throughout the country. Since our founding in 2009, we have acquired over 35 companies and have expanded to more than 270 locations serving 32 states. US LBM is a progressive organization that promotes a unique culture that focuses on the value of its customers and associates. Developing our people is critical to our strategy and fostering our culture of empowerment.
We are looking to add a proven, upwardly mobile FP&A Financial Analyst to our team analyzing and supporting a fast-moving, ever-evolving company. Our team seeks a dependable contributor to enhance our reporting and analysis of sales & product trends, operating company financial performance, location results, budgeting & forecasting, and working capital management. You will work with corporate and field leaders to better understand the current results and future outlook of our dynamic business.
This position will be located in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago supporting our Southeast and West regions; because this location houses the Corporate FP&A team you will also have the opportunity to contribute to projects with the corporate accounting, finance and investor relations functions.
Things you should know about working at US LBM:
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere, this is not a suit and tie environment.
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
How you will spend your days as a Regional FP&A Analyst:
- Create, maintain and standardize corporate profitability and metric reports that will be used by business units and executive leadership team
- Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the company's financial results and other key business metrics
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and business analysis to help drive business decisions and operational efficiencies
- Results driven and detail oriented with a strong focus on providing excellent internal customer service
- Promotes US LBM�s culture of empowerment, continuous learning and process improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management
- Health care benefits, starting the first of month after 30 days of employment
- Monday - Friday schedule
- 401(k) with company match
- Closed holidays
- Paid time off
- Employee discount
- We�ll support your educational and career goals with our continuous education programs
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience with financial forecasting or analytic modeling
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of relationship between all financial statements
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables, SUMIFS/VLOOKUPS, SQL and VBA/macros
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% is necessary
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship