- Responsible for all aspects of package gas sales, hard-goods sales, local cylinder production, and local cylinder distribution and regional back office operations. Responsible for small bulk gas sales in collaboration with Region Bulk Sales Manager (as applicable).
- Develop and manage the team to operate the business safely and profitably so MTG has zero accidents and above market growth in sales (net market share increase) and profit while building a sustainable business.
- Lead customer facing activities to aggressively grow profitable sales across the regional business.
- Select, develop and coach key managers as part of the Zone Management team as well as develop potential top-performers as future manager potentials.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Marketing, SHE, Supply Chain and Operations teams on safe, efficient, and profitable operations in every aspect of the business. (Includes asset operation and management, identification of cost reduction programs, service improvement opportunities, and participation in key projects for the company and zones).
- Safety Compliance, training, awareness, coordination with SHE Department and Operations Teams - site specific plans and implementation responsibility through direct reports and their teams, performance management, leadership by example, establishment of Safety and number one priority and company value.
- Management of Region Business - Responsibility as senior manager with P & L responsibility for Region Business: Leading and working with local management, sales, and operations teams as well as Corporate Functional teams on safe, efficient, profitable results from regional and sub-regional businesses. Accelerated sales activities to profitably grow region businesses along the company business plans. Coordination of all customer facing activities and resources with operations teams.
- Support Sales Representatives in new business activities, contract negotiations, and general Customer relations. Coordinate and manage communication and support between Region, Zone and MTG management.
- Business Planning - development and execution of local business plans to include, budgeting (sales, expenses, investments, etc.), forecasting, growth strategies, improvement strategies, etc.
- Company coordination -working with all corporate functions (Safety, Accounting, HR, Operations, IT, etc.) to further the successful business operation for VNG. Supporting the company plan, budget and programs in an active role.
- Continuous Improvement - ongoing initiatives to improve efficiency, service, asset utilization and reduce total cost of supply chain in conjunction with Corporate Operations and local market teams.
- Senior management team participation - support, input and execution of MTG Strategic Plan; development of business and human resources.
- BS Engineering (Mechanical or Chemical preferred) or Business Administration (MBA preferred), or equivalent experience in General Management and Leadership Roles in Industrial Gas Business.
- Conceptual understanding of industrial gas products, production, distribution applications and equipment.
- Significant training in Safety and Compliance (OSHA, DOT, EPA, FDA)
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma and lean manufacturing practices
- Ten years or more Direct Management experience in Industrial Gas/Distribution business, either as a manufacturer, distributor and/or supplier to the industry.
- Three years or more of Sales and Operations Management, P & L responsibility of a business/unit, management of large teams of diverse performers.
- Manage of Managers, Budgeting and planning, Sales Coaching and sales negotiations.
- Personnel Management of geographically dispersed field operations and/or significant multi-function operation.
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability