Look no further - your next Regional HSE Manager position could be with PSC Metals, LLC. PSC Metals, Inc. (www.pscmetals.com) is one of the most experienced and largest scrap metal processors in North America, providing services for more than a century to both generators and consumers of scrap. PSC Metals has locations across North America including Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
PSC Metals offers medical insurance including prescription drug coverage, as well as, vision and dental insurance, 401(k), holidays, personal days, vacation and competitive wages.
All candidates must successfully complete pre-employment testing requirements (background check and hair drug test).
The qualified candidates for this position will provide Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) oversight to the assigned region and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements. This position will be responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its permitting applications. Support the development and coordination of HSE training efforts within the region.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop solid working relationship with facility managers and supervisors.
- Act as a resource for facility managers and other PSC Metals employees in responding to HSE questions.
- Conduct audits of facilities to identify unsafe or unacceptable conditions to assure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental requirements, both internal and external. Complete audit reports in a timely fashion to promote prompt identification and correction of deficiencies.
- Develop corrective action strategies in conjunction with facility managers to correct deficiencies identified during audits.
- Conduct follow up inspections and meetings with facility managers to discuss progress of audit deficiencies.
- Educate (train) facility staff (including employees, new employees) of internal (Company policies) and external (local, state and federal regulations) HSE requirements that are applicable. Assure that all staff understand the potential penalties for non-compliance.
- Complete safety training on a timely basis for all locations.
- Review and understand all permit requirements (air, NPDES, oil tanks, etc.) at each assigned facility.
- Communicate repeat instances of non-compliance to the HSE Director
- Develop internal programs to continually improve the HSE compliance program within PSC Metals.
- Attend seminars and other outside training to improve knowledge level regarding all aspects of the HSE field to maintain a high level of competence.
- Monitor periodicals and industry publications to develop an understanding of the changing regulatory climate. Communicate new regulatory changes that will affect PSC Metals.
- Interact with Local, State and Federal governments/agencies as needed to respond to notices or to improve the relationship between PSC Metals and its regulators.
- Communicate status of projects and tasks in a concise format.
- Participate in accident investigations as needed to determine causes and develop preventive measures.
- Interact with Human Resources in the administrative aspects of Worker's Compensation as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree is required. A Concentration in EHS, Chemical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in health, safety, and environmental compliance and management.
- Must have a valid driver's license and the ability to drive an automobile to travel to assigned locations.
- Must be able to use Microsoft Office as required by the job.
- Experience in manufacturing or industrial environment is preferred.
GENERAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer monitor; preparing/analyzing data/figures and have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned.
COMMUNICATION/KNOWLEDGE/CONTACT WITH OTHERS:
- Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with management. May train and monitor others' performance. Can present, resolve conflicts and address delicate situations. Can motivate and persuade others.
- In-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with ability to use these competently in varied situations.
- Has frequent contact with others both inside and outside of the Company. Results have major implications on the management and operations of the site and as part of the region.
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing or crouching. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at waist. Ability to reach by extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction. May stand for sustained periods. Fingering Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand or arm as in handling. Applies pressure to an object with the fingers and palm. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly. Able to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discrimination in sound.
- Inside/Outside: Job can require some time subjected to various weather conditions.
PSC Metals, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested applicants should apply online at www.pscmetals.com/careers.