Since our founding in 2002, we’ve become one of the top 10 public homebuilders in the U.S. In 2018, we were ranked 61st among the Fortune 100 Fastest-Growing Companies, and we’ve been the fastest-growing public builder for three years in a row. Over the years, our organization has grown to include two homebuilding brands—operating as Century Communities and Century Complete—along with mortgage and insurance services through Inspire Home Loans and Parkway Title.
At Century Communities, our family of companies is driven by one simple objective: A Home For Every Dream™. As part of that mission, we’re dedicated to providing you with every opportunity for growth and success as you build a thriving career. That’s because we know that building, financing and insuring beautiful new homes for our buyers is only possible with the best talent in the industry.
Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation and sick leave. We also offer competitive salaries with the potential for discretionary bonuses and/or commission structure (depending on the position).
If you’re a passionate self-starter, changemaker and thoughtful collaborator ready to take their career to the next level, we’d love to hear from you!
A qualified candidate would be expected to provide the following types of support to their internal clients and the Legal Department.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proven ability to independently structure, draft, manage, negotiate and close sophisticated real estate transactions
- Litigation and outside counsel management
- Client counseling on legal requirements and legal risks
- Legal process development and legal workflow improvement
- Corporate representation
- Analyze and maintain standard contracts and other business documents
- Assist in drafting, implementing and administrating legal policies and procedures
- Negotiate, draft and review contracts
- Real estate due diligence review, including title and survey
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- Preparing and presenting training on various topics to the business groups
- A Juris Doctor or equivalent degree in law from an accredited law school with proven academic success
- Current license to practice law in the State of Texas
- Experience (5 years minimum) in relevant real estate and/or construction law with a law firm or corporation
- Outstanding client management skills with an ability to inspire confidence and trust with a variety of clients
- Ability to work with complex legal issues, including drafting and negotiation of real estate transactions
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication (professional writing sample may be requested as part of the hiring process)
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize among multiple projects and initiatives
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new areas of law
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
- Permitted to work in the USA