Who We Are
Cornerstone Healthcare Group is a leading healthcare provider committed to improving the health and well-being of patients by providing an environment of continuous process improvement, teamwork, integrity, fiscal responsibility and endless customer service. Cornerstone is headquartered in Dallas and owns 19 long term acute care hospitals in six states, as well as behavioral health hospitals and senior living facilities.
Why Work for Us?
Our hospitals offer competitive compensation and benefits, but that is not why our employees come to work for us. As a Cornerstone employee, you are truly a valued contributor to our team. It is no wonder why our employees gave us high scores in both overall satisfaction and employee engagement in our latest Cornerstone Employee Partnership Survey.
Our Core Values are woven into the fabric of our culture and engrained in our employees and how they perform their jobs every day.
As Regional Manager of Human Resources, you will provide review / overview of Human Resources activities at all assigned hospitals within the defined region. The RMHR will conduct reviews / audits of HR activities for locations within the defined region to ensure that all HR practices and standards (including recordkeeping) are in compliance with DOH / The Joint Commission regulatory requirements. The RMHR will also serve as day-to-day counsel to HR Representatives or designates and hospital leaders within the defined market on personnel related matters that require additional support and focus. Any HR Representatives or designates in this region will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the RMHR. The RMHR will provide additional on-site coaching and direction to new HR Representatives or designates within their defined region.
- Responsible for day-to-day HR activities and coverage for his/her assigned hospital while serving in an interim HR Representative or designate capacity. Will always be available via email and phone for any immediate HR needs at the assigned hospital whether supporting it on-site or from his/her office location. May have regular or defined office hours at the assigned hospital during the interim coverage period.
- Will communicate special employment related issues with the Chief Human Resources Officer until such matters are resolved. This includes in-depth investigations into allegations brought forward by employees or former employees. Will stay in close contact with assigned HR Representatives (or designates) and the responsible hospital leaders to ensure that all HR related issues are effectively resolved and communicated to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Responsible for reviewing and investigating all hospital based allegations of discrimination or retaliation to ensure that all such complaints are handled in a timely, thorough, respectful and professional manner. All findings of such investigations will be reviewed with the VP of HR and applicable Hospital leaders. Written reports of investigation findings will be required.
- Will have the responsibility of conducting HR practices and standards (including recordkeeping) compliance reviews to ensure that assigned hospital HR departments are in compliance with DOH / Federal / TJC regulatory requirements. Will utilize a master checklist and will, as necessary, conduct on-site HR department reviews / audits to ensure that HR department practices are in compliance. From these reviews, will determine appropriate corrective actions that would be required to be completed and will set firm deadlines for completion. Responsible HR Representatives or designates will be required to comply with defined correction actions until compliance is satisfactory.
- Reviews the hospital HR functions and activities and takes appropriate actions to ensure that any area(s) identified as requiring improvement are corrected.
- Will be responsible for developing / maintaining a comprehensive Best Practices master checklist that the assigned HR Reps or designates will be required to implement / use on a consistent basis.
- Provides orientation to new HR Reps or designates. Will have a Hospital HR Orientation outline / checklist that he/she will follow to ensure that the new HR Reps or designates are fully trained and oriented to their role. It would be expected that he/she would meet with the new HR Rep or designate on a face-to-face basis. This would also apply to new HR Reps or designates gained via acquisitions, mergers or via contract management.
- Works with the Corporate Human Resources office on special projects and would provide objective feedback relative to new or existing Corporate HR initiatives. Will provide insightful feedback that will assist the Corp. Human Resources team with the roll-out of new or existing Corp. HR initiatives in the defined region and at other (global) CHG locations as required.
- Ensures that assigned hospitals process all documents/information related to benefits administration, recruitment, hiring, credentials and employment/employee recordkeeping.. Coordinates Change in Status requests with the hospital leaders and with the Corporate HR office as necessary. Communicates with the Hospital HR Reps or designates regarding any requests that require additional data, information and/or justification.
- Works with various hospital personnel to ensure compliance with HR related functions including, but not limited to: recruitment/hiring, work assignments, performance appraisals, promotions, status changes, payroll, employee recognition, disciplinary actions, licensure tracking, new staff orientation, ongoing education, and training.
- Makes recommendations to the Chief Human Resources Officer that will enhance or improve the HR functioning at any assigned hospital. This may include recommendations for additional material resources and supplies, training and/or office equipment.
- This person also recommends revisions to departmental policies and assists in HR policy enforcement and compliance.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Knowledge of Hospital/LTAC HR DOH/TJC compliance and recordkeeping a plus, but not required
- Strong ability to coach, train and motivate HR Representatives or designates
- Must have successfully completed Hospital based DOH/TJC HR audits and surveys
- Ability to conduct new hire HR Representative training and orientations
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, HR environment
- Ability to project a professional Image
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (ADP, word processing, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Must meet and satisfy acceptable criminal background check standards
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have at least three (3) years related human resources experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with using an recognized Payroll/HR database required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred