Arizona Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
The Regional Marketing Officer is a strategic leader focused on driving customer acquisition and retention through innovative approaches and programs. This position will pioneer the next phase of marketing strategies for Heartland Financial’s Southwest region, which has three member banks, including Arizona Bank & Trust, FirstBank & Trust, and New Mexico Bank & Trust totaling over $3.4B in combined assets.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and, in coordination with Marketing Specialists, implements local annual public relations and marketing plans for each individual market that are an extension of Heartland Marketing and supports national initiatives that support corporate objectives to maximize profit and growth.
2. Develops and executes market-wide promotions and sales-driving programs in each market.
3. Develops and recommends proactive strategies that differentiate the banks within their respective markets.
4. Identifies and executes opportunities to promote the banks in their assigned regions, its employees and banking services to the community and to targeted segments.
5. Serves as a key member of the regional banks’ leadership team to ensure alignment of activities around core deposit, loan and fee growth.
6. Partners with regional and bank leadership to establish a corporate giving strategy and ensures that the banks are well-represented at community functions, especially those for which the banks are a sponsor or has taken a leadership position. Recruits and coordinates bank personnel to staff booths or be in attendance in other situations when the bank requires representation.
7. Accountable to bank leadership regarding marketing activity results and maximization of marketing efforts specific to the market through the use of marketing scorecards, etc.
8. Maintains a continual awareness of activities, promotions, outreach efforts and products and services offered by local competitors. Maintains file of competitor intelligence, including financial condition.
9. Prepares and monitors the annual marketing budget for the banks, inclusive of the Heartland Marketing spend by area/product.
10. Accountable for measuring and reporting ROI of local marketing spend.
11. Provides sales support to marketing facing personnel. Attends weekly sales meetings to understand needs and provide marketing recommendations to achieve business objectives.
12. Serves on the Corporate Marketing Council.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has direct supervisory and administrative responsibilities.
1. Directly supervises multiple Marketing Specialists.
2. Works with Heartland’s Human Resource recruitment team to identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or promotions.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development and career development opportunities.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. 7 – 10 years of experience in a marketing leadership role.
2. Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in Communication Studies, Technology, Marketing, Finance, or Business Administration, or similar, MBA preferred.
3. Highly collaborative with experience in managing in a matrix organization.
4. Experience hiring, managing, and developing marketing staff.
5. Experience managing budgets and measuring ROI of marketing spend.
6. Extensive experience in utilizing digital channels in marketing and public relations.
7. Analytical skills to utilize survey and advertising data to make strategic decisions.
8. Ability to gain familiarity with the bank’s market areas, knowledge of cultural, civic and economic development initiatives, as well as personal acquaintances with business and community leaders.
9. Ability to develop creative ideas to promote the bank within the community.
10. Ability to make large group presentations.
11. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Tim Type:Full time