About Penn Mutual
Established in 1847, The Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company is committed to the noble purpose of helping individuals, families and small businesses make the most of life’s possibilities. As an original pioneer of mutual life insurance in America, we believe that our financial strength and mutual advantage support our ability to consistently deliver on our promises. We partner with trusted financial professionals around the country to serve the financial planning, protection, accumulation and distribution needs of their clients. Whether in our Home Office or Field, Penn Mutual is proud to work together in a values-driven and relationship-based culture.
The primary goal of a Regional Marketing Specialist is to generate Penn Mutual life insurance sales through recruiting and sales solicitation of targeted life insurance producers. This field position is adept at positioning life insurance as the foundation of a financial plan, actively promoting the living as well as the death benefits of life insurance for the individual and business markets. Considered a “second line field leader,” this associate is a “master in his craft” as represented by his expertise in practice management to enable a producer to start, grow, or transition his practice depending on his experience in the business and his professional objective. In addition, the RMS actively and selectively recruits to Penn Mutual’s broker-dealer, Horner, Townsend and Kent, Inc. (“HTK”), without compromising the firm’s relationships with other independent broker-dealer distribution partnerships
- Prospects and profiles for independent, targeted life insurance producers defined as producers who regularly write life insurance as part of their practice with life insurance sales representing 30% to 50% of their business.
- Achieves annual producer recruiting goal completing due diligence process and ensuring new recruits have are in good standing with FINRA and the state life insurance department.
- Continues to enhance productivity of new recruits increasing their Penn Mutual life insurance production year over year.
- Practice Management
- Coaches life insurance producers utilizing advanced marketing concepts to accelerate the growth of their practice, diversify into new markets, expand or transition their business.
- Contributes to channel fluidity by supporting and encouraging independent producers to move within PML distribution channels to facilitate the growth of his business.
- Sales and Goal Achievement
- Achieves or exceeds individual LWP sales and goals working toward balanced product mix through sales concepts, case design and advanced marketing concepts in the individual and business markets
- Contributes to and/or participates in company pilots or special initiatives upon request.
- Productivity and Territory Management
- Actively engages in up to 20 weekly face to face meetings with quality producers and/or small group to promote PML’s value proposition, sales solutions, marketing concepts and life insurance products.
- Conducts regional marketing or study group meetings with independent producers to facilitate practice management and promote the PML value proposition and innovative sales solutions and competitive products.
- Willing to participate in joint appointments as insurance specialist with producers, as appropriate.
- Maintains efficient rotations creating territory zones and geographic density of appointments.
- Works within assigned T & E budget.
- Marketing and Sales Track
- Involved in recommending case designs and illustrations.
- Utilize compliant company generated marketing and advanced case sales solutions and competitive edge in solicitation of PML product and sales opportunities.
- Actively promotes company’s marketing programs, such as, WORTH and Professional Advisor Alliance.
- Able to facilitate a potential life insurance case from concept and design to placement providing field underwriting as appropriate.
- Ensures suitability of the sale in meeting client need as presented by producer.
- Follows FINRA regulations for cash and non-cash incentives and/or entertainment in conducting business with independent producers.
- Works within budget allocating travel and expense budgets to DSM and RSDs for effective and efficient territory management.
- Team Player
- Shares best practices with peers including recruiting, referrals, sales ideas, handling objections, success stories and leveraging PML’s competitive advantages.
- If applicable, partners with their Internal Marketing Representative (“IMR”) to achieve goals.
- Partners with the Relationship Management team prioritizing producers from PML’s Focus Firm list to assist in achieving goal and growing market share in firm.
- Participates in company conference calls, councils, or initiative, as requested.
- Collaborates and cooperates with the home office and field peers, such as Regional Marketing Directors and Regional Marketing Specialists.
- Works to develop a true partnership between the field and the home office openly but positively discussing challenges understanding that the home office and field are on the same team; actively works to help develop and maintain a “we” versus “us versus them” mentality between the field and the home office.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Operates ethically and with integrity.
- Ability to work independently being intrinsically motivated with a high level of stamina.
- Possesses organizational efficient time management skills with basic knowledge of field wholesaling skills.
- Skilled at prospecting, profiling and recruiting life insurance producers.
- Able to cultivate relationships with independent producers.
- Has in-depth working knowledge of practice management knowledge on how to start up, grow or transition a producer’s business.
- Possesses working knowledge of COW, LEAP and or other selling and financial profiling systems.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, tenured professional relationships.
- Knowledge of financial planning process and advanced marketing concepts.
- Superior listening, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, be inclusive and build partnerships
- Adept at field underwriting, illustrations and case design.
- In-depth and thorough understanding of life insurance and annuity products, the insurance industry, the financial marketplace, its terminology, related tax laws, and the application of financial planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications and mapping software.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- FINRA Series 6 and Series 63 registrations required, FINRA Series 7 preferred.
- Life insurance license required
- Currently holds or willing to obtain industry certifications, such as, CLU, and/or ChFC
- Proven track record of sales success in the financial services industry.
- Willing to travel up to 70%
- Three to Five years of experience as a producer, wholesaler or sales manager preferably in the life insurance or securities industry.
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.