A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing our sales strategy in line with the companies' strategic plan, and delivering the sales performance of his/her Sales Team. The team will be an office-based sales organization that primarily uses technology to communicate with their customers. Leadership of his/her direct team and collaboration with every touch point in the organization is paramount to success in this role. The position is responsible for creating and driving effective business plans to meet and exceed sales and profit targets and managing within an expense budget as designated. The scope of responsibility is defined by market segments, product lines, channel to market, geographic area and/or named accounts. The Position is based in St Louis, MO. Travel up to 20% for internal meetings, customer visits, including overnight and some weekend travel typically once per quarter. Role responsibilities:
- Leads the North America office-based Digital Sales team of account managers that cover Academic, government, and hospital accounts
- Embraces digital tools and solutions and ensures team adoption to maximize productivity, effectiveness and transparency.
- Achieves customer satisfaction at assigned levels related to the sales force interface.
- Hire, onboard, lead, develop, coach and retain a sales team able to drive not only the current goals and opportunities but is also able to support future growth and strategic direction.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly and annual sales volume goals through leadership, coaching and development of sales team.
- Closely collaborates with, Commercial Marketing, Customer Excellence, Sales Enablement and Sales Specialists (including technical, product and field marketing as applicable) to understand potential paths to grow the business at assigned levels.
- Quota setting at the Territory Level such that corporate goals are met while also achieving fairness and accuracy as evidenced by final sales target achievements.
- Delivers regular, timely and accurate forecasts on business performance as defined by Senior Leadership.
- Communicates organizational vision and market strategies, priorities, and goals that ensure clear understanding at all levels within the team.
- Reviews and modifies business plans to ensure alignment with the strategic direction and achievement of targets.
- Communicates to upper management and peers any relevant business information from the sales team.
- Manages budget and allocates funds where appropriate.
- Establishes and, reinforces and strategic relationships within the life science industry in the Academic, Hospital, and Government Market.
- Actively coaches & develops direct reports to continually improve sales and business skills. Provides development plans and/or career opportunities as appropriate. Identifies top performers for succession planning.
- Ability to sit for extended times (approximately 8 hours) at a desk using a computer.
Who you are:
- Bachelor of Science in core science discipline (Chemistry, Biology) or business degree
- 5+ years of sales experience in the life science research marketplace
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of salespeople
- 5+ years of experience in high-volume, repeat consumable business in a life science field
- 5+ years of experience utilizing various sales tools and technology, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software, Sales Force or other CRM, Eloqua or marketing software, and LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other social platforms
- Experienced managing office-based or hybrid sales organizations using technology to communicate
- Digitally savvy
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to lead a team, define business strategy, & hold direct reports accountable to sales targets
- Data driven, strong analytical skills in using data to make sound recommendations and business decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a degree of independence
- Ability to solve complex problems and overcome obstacles
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation experience to large and diverse audiences.
- Proven & documented track record of success
- Demonstrated and proven ability to partner with team members in related critical functions.
- Extensive experience in utilizing a technology stack to accelerate the sales process, highly collaborative, agile, an early-adopter new ideas and technology as well as a change agent
- Results oriented and able to work with partners to prioritize and manage conflicting expectations
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently
- Strong networking skills externally and internally
- Team oriented, with strong communication & interpersonal skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
74,618 - 102,736 /yearWhat is this?
Territory / Regional Sales Manager
Territory / Regional Sales Manager