The Regional Manager will provide oversight of all contracted services across multiple sites within a geographic region. The Regional Manager will be responsible to build strong client partnerships and drive operational excellence to ensure those sites within the region are meeting or exceeding client expectations.
Ideal candidates will possess a positive, can-do attitude and have a passion for helping others be successful. In this role, you will partner and consult with the local operations team, the national team and the client to drive win-win solutions. Successful candidates will bring a customer focused mindset as well as possess strong business and financial acumen skills. You will also provide support, direction and coaching to the site managers at each location.
• Possess deep knowledge of the operation at each site (contract, scope of work, building type, client nuances, local market conditions).
• Be responsible for the delivery and execution of all contracted janitorial services within the region.
• Build long-term sustainable partnerships with the client at each location.
• Consistently travel to and visit each site within the region and participate in frequent, regular onsite meetings with the client.
• Effectively address all client related communications in real time with a sense of urgency (emails, phone calls, requests).
• Properly escalate issues that could impact local or national perceptions of ABM as a preferred facility services provider.
• Review financial performance regularly to forecast spend and course correct when necessary.
• Ensure cost control levers and metrics are in place to proactively monitor overall spend to monthly budget.
• Work directly with client and internal teams to ensure billing and collections are processed in a timely manner.
• Negotiate modifications to compensation or staffing plans based on site specific needs, market conditions and client driven initiatives.
• Prepare and develop financial and operational reports weekly and monthly.
• Work closely with site managers to develop their operational knowledge and management capabilities.
• Make sure all onsite employees have clear job assignments, roles and responsibilities.
• Develop site specific performance standards and ensure portfolio wide standards are being met.
• Proactively create consistent and effective operational processes and see them through to implementation.
• Ensure all sites are properly documenting employee onboarding, badging, safety, job training and performance management issues.
• Drive and promote a strong safety culture; reinforce ABM and client safety programs.
• Ensure each site is conducting formal quality checks and inspections according to plan.
• Continuously monitor the overall performance of each site and make appropriate changes to improve performance .
• Up-sell additional services and tag jobs above and beyond contractual agreements
• Partner with local and national 3rd party vendors and suppliers for onsite material, supplies and equipment (ordering, pricing, repair, testing out new products).
• Understand and comply with ABM policies and procedures.
• Job duties may be modified at any time.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent military experience.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of management experience.
• Minimum of 5-7 years in facility services or building management (multi-site locations preferred).
• Experience in warehouse, distribution center or manufacturing environments is a plus.
• Previous custodial experience desired.
• Able to travel by car weekly to sites within region.
• Extended travel outside of region (10%).
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Must have working knowledge of OSHA safety standards and regulations.
• Must maintain a valid State issued driver’s license.
ALL EMPLOYEES ARE HIRED ON A 90 DAY PROBATION PERIOD. ANY VIOLATION OF ABM POLICIES DURING THIS PROBATION PERIOD WILL RESULT TO IMMEDIATE TERMINATION.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (MINORITY FEMALE/VETERAN/DISABILITY)