We are looking for a candidate in the San Francisco Bay Area who wants to grow in a dynamic and innovative planning and scheduling department. This person will be planning and developing construction schedules with the field operations and preconstruction staff members. If you have a desire to advance your career and achieve a level of excellence in construction planning and scheduling while working with constant challenges, tight timeframes and impossible deadlines, then you are the preferred candidate.
Interested applicants will have a degree in Engineering or Construction Management and the skills required to plan vertical construction projects using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software. He/she will be willing to learn how to merge 3D BIM models with CPM schedules to create visual schedules, integrate lean (pull planning) methodologies with the CPM schedule, and apply innovative techniques for production management using linear schedules and takt time analytics to improve process flows. At various stages of the project, this person will provide technical and analytical input to facilitate re-planning, and workflow sequencing to ensure projects finish within their prescribed timeframe.
If you are an innovative collaborator and proven performer who enjoys working on teams that deliver superior results, you may qualify for a rewarding career at Suffolk, a construction management firm that is sparking an industry revolution and has consistently been named a “best place to work”!
- Assist Project Managers and Superintendents with planning and developing construction schedules
- Work with Project Executives to prepare proposal and preconstruction schedules
- Use historical production data to develop activity durations and validate construction progress
- Monitor and analyze progress on detailed construction schedules ranging from 2500 to 5000 activities
- Update, analyze, and report status weekly at each project site
- Reconcile discrepancies from actual vs. planned progress and facilitate an action plan with the project team
- Help develop visual schedules as needed
- Provide linear schedules as needed to view production sequences
- Analyze repetitive workflows to ensure realistic achievable cycle times
- Prepare concise monthly schedule narratives
- Provide monthly metrics and Key Performance Indicators for executive reports
- Ensure quality and excellence applying Suffolk’s Standards of Practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience in preparing CPM schedules for vertical construction projects
- Proficient with Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software.
- Capable of managing multiple project schedules in the region.
- Can travel to regional project sites in the San Francisco Bay area to assist project teams on a weekly basis.
- Willing to obtain a AACE PSP certified certification within 6 months of hire.
- Possess Suffolk’s Core Values: Passion, Integrity, Hard Work, Professionalism and Caring.
- Have excellent computer skills and willing to learn new software applications.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information in a concise manner and to make recommendations on strategies to resolve project issues
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various individuals.
- Positive customer service orientation, with both internal and external clients is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stands; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk