Pet Paradise Resort is a comprehensive petcare provider offering boarding, day camp, grooming and veterinary services.At Pet Paradise, our mission is to enhance the quality of life for pets and our customers by providing exceptional pet care and an outstanding customer experience. Located in nine states and nearly forty locations, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the southern region of the United States.
For more information about Pet Paradise visitwww.petparadise.comor visit our social media sites: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
This individual will serve as the regional leader, guiding the business development, growth and operations of our Wellness Clinics in the region. The bulk of the Regional Practice Manager's time is spent traveling to the various Wellness locations and working with their Wellness teams. Some air travel is expected, and the candidate should reside in Jacksonville, FL.
TheRegional Practice Managerreports to and is directed by the Chief Veterinary Officer. The RPM is an integral part of the management team of the Wellness Clinics, that includes the Practice Managers (PM), Recruiting & Professional Relations Manager (RPRM).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highlevel of emotional intelligence.
- Well-developedcommunications and interpersonal skills.
- Sound customer serviceknowledge including both strategy and tactics.
- Knowledgeof M&A and business development.
- Knowledge of sales andmarketing techniques, including business to business.
- Abilityto analyze and utilize reports and data to affect positive change in aWellness Clinic with an audience possessing a wide range of educationalbackgrounds.
- Strongfinancial analysis skills.
- Abilityto influence individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of the veterinaryprofession including advanced certifications and specialtycare.
- Abilityto multi-task and deal with high levels of stress in an environment ofchanging priorities.
- Abilityto initiate and coordinate the smooth integration ofacquisitions.
- Abilityto travel when needed to attend regional and national meetings as well asscheduled Clinic visits.
Education and Experience
- 4-yearcollege degree required.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation also a plus.
- Minimumof 3-years of experience in multi-facility operations management withbudget management and direct profit and loss responsibility or minimum of 5 years in veterinary Clinic management. Specialty Clinic experience a plus.
- Ensuringthat each Clinic has a customer centric culture and focus.
- Maintaininga strong presence in all Clinics, including frequent scheduled andnon-scheduled on-site visits, and otherwise provide consistentaccessibility via email and phone to both the Clinic teams and fellowmanagement team members.
- Supportingour doctors in their daily efforts and working to create long term,meaningful relationships with the doctor teams that foster engageddialogue and professional development.
- Ensuringthat doctors are marketing the Clinic and services in a meaningful andregular way.
- Responsibilityfor effective and timely DVM and pet owner communications by the Clinicteam.
- Ensuringthat PP's standards of quality medical practice and client service are followed in allClinics.
- Providinga consistently positive impression of PET PARADISE to both Clinic team membersand colleagues within the local veterinary and business community alike.
- Empoweringstaff and doctors to find ways to delight our customers.
- Responsibilityfor administration and review of non-medical client complaints not able to be handled by the Clinic teams.
- Developingtop talent in the Practice Manager roles in eachClinic.
- Motivating Clinic Managers to maintain an "ownermentality".
- Accuratelyevaluating the performance of Clinic Managers toensure that each has clear expectations and goals, plus has the support tobe able to reach them.
- Engagingin continuous dialogue with the Clinic leadership team on topics suchas: Business Development; Exceeding Client Expectations; Day-to-DayBusiness Operations; Utilizing the P&L statement to affect positivebusiness results; Staff motivation and morale.
- Responsibilityover hiring decisions, and overall quality of the workplaceenvironment.
- Responsibilityfor Clinic revenue growth and achieving margin goals.
- Responsibilityfor creating and then meeting or exceeding budgets.
- Responsibilityfor regular evaluation of service and product fees.
- Responsibilityfor auditing Clinic production for accuracy and fee capture.
- Responsibilityfor driving the strategy of service mix and future service needs in themarket.
- Understanding of applicable laws and guidelines with regard to the veterinary profession, labor laws, controlled substance guidelines, and workplace safety requirements.
- Understandingand supporting the PET PARADISE brand and marketing tools available to promote newand existing business.
- Understandingthe climate impacting the region's Clinics and aggressively search forways to market the Clinic, doctors and services.
- Activelyparticipating in appropriate veterinary groups and associations in orderto stay current on trends and issues that might impact the business.
- Evaluatingneeds and execute proformas for equipment purchases.
Initiatingand actively supervising facilities improvement projects as warranted.