You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
You will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of the Sonoco Performance System (SPS) and Manufacturing Basics in support of the divisional strategy for an assigned region. As a part of the Division SPS Steering Team you will align appropriate regional goals with Division and Divisional SPS expectations.
- Develop, execute, and maintain the implementation plan for region in alignment with division SPS Practitioner to drive training and activities in support of ongoing process improvements.
- Train, coach and educate plant level associates on improving zero based losses and key performance indicators such as manufacturing OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), product quality, waste reduction, process performance, supply chain efficiency, energy conservation, safety, and operating costs.
- Assist in strategic planning, special project assignments, cost / benefit analysis, and assessment of financial impact of SPS at both plant and regional levels.
- Identify and train appropriate personnel to understand, communicate and take actions based on metrics and tracking implemented.
- Utilize Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies to drive a culture of learning, a dedication to ongoing improvement, and a focus on sustainable result
- Review pillar teams and model machine team communication boards to ensure the boards are up-to-date, easily understood, standard, and show accurate measurements & results
- Drive understanding and focus on both process steps and performance results
- Give direct, one-on-one feedback to plant managers on people and process deficiencies and work with them to develop corrective action plan
- Help coach pillar leaders and teams to share learnings, leverage and standardization
- Drive standardization of Processes, Pillars, Pillar Steps, Metrics, Systems, Communication Formats, etc across plants, region, and leverage to division.
- Identify, schedule and support resources needed at the plants.
- Lead pre-assessment actions to prepare plants for SPS implementation
- Participate in SPS Division/ Segment Steering team meetings and give feedback to steering team on SPS progress, issues and barriers.
- Assist plant SPS Coordinators with meeting completion dates for the SPS implementation plan
- Link with Regional Manufacturing Manager and his team to guide, educate, challenge and recommend specific actions
- Walk the production floor with plant manager and pillar team owners - participate in a 5S sweep sheet / audit, DTM audits, OPL reviews, and DTM checklist accuracy
- Utilize Lean- Six Sigma, DMAIC, SWFL, SPS, TPM or other tools as needed to teach others on how to improve productivity, lower costs, reduce scrap and drive improvement in plants.
Location is flexible in the Midwest or Southeastern United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree preferred
- Proven experience implementing multi plant manufacturing performance systems
- Ability to collaborate and engage teams at all levels of the company
- Strong project management and communication skills
This is a progression position and could be a level I, II or III. Compensation and progression level will be based on candidate’s experience and education, and current business needs.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonocolife!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.