Clarivate™ is a global leader in providing trusted information and insights to accelerate the pace of innovation. We offer subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise that cover the entire lifecycle of innovation – from foundational research and ideas to protection and commercialization.
Today, we’re setting a trail-blazing course to help customers turn bold ideas into life-changing inventions. Our portfolio consists of some of the world’s most trusted information brands, including the Web of Science™, Cortellis™, Derwent™, CompuMark™, MarkMonitor™ and Techstreet™.
We employ 5,500 colleagues in more than 40 countries.
Clarivate is a public company. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CCC.
At Clarivate, we believe human ingenuity can transform the world and improve our future. That’s why we harness our global reach, curate our content, and invest in best-in-class technology and people.
Join the team that is improving the way the world creates, protects, and advances innovation.
The role of the Regional Sales Consultant will be an integral member of the Intellectual Property sales team. The Sales Consultant is responsible for understanding the customer’s business needs in detail and aligning their needs with appropriate solutions to proactively drive workflow-specific growth and new sales opportunities to meet and exceed sales quota on a consistent basis.
The Sales Consultant will have an in-depth and detailed understanding of the Intellectual Property industry, building on this foundation to present viable and attractive solutions to client firms. The role will focus on new sales business development for IP products and services within the designated growth market of legal/law firms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive revenue growth of IP products and services by meeting or exceeds both new sales goals on monthly and quarterly basis.
- Pursues net new business through a high volume of strategic prospecting and account development within the law firm market.
- Analyzes client needs and develop strategies tailored to each organization.
- Maintain, develop and grow a rigorous pipeline, with accurate forecasting.
- Negotiate and close business segment customer contracts.
- Create and manage a territory development plan and reports on results.
- Utilize knowledge of Intellectual Property to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote business growth in the corporation and to lift growth in IP revenue.
- Contribute to the development of new sales revenues and client retention by identifying potential sales and retention opportunities, conducting in pre-sales calls, delivering customized presentations, creating written proposals and providing subject-matter expertise.
- Build strong “trust” relationships with clients, creating trust and confidence at multiple levels, including users, key contacts, managers and business leaders, to increase revenue and sales opportunities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders including other sales teams in life sciences market to identify opportunities for IP products and services
- Capture and record customer information and sales activity data into customer relationship management (CRM) system and appropriate business systems
- Maintain and report regularly on a pipeline of sales activity, revenue forecasts and closing timetables.
- Operate as an integral member of the Regional sales team, contributing skills and knowledge to the development of accounts.
- Obtain competitive information during daily contacts and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Proactively work with internal support groups to ensure a coordinated and effective sales effort.
- Assist in establishing product development priorities based on customer experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Prior Intellectual Property knowledge and familiarity with the patents and trademark lifecycle is preferred
- Experience selling to law firms and knowledge of legal market is desirable
- Minimum of 5 years sales experience in a consultative selling environment
- Proven track record of successful prospecting and consistent achievement of targets in a complex sales environment
- Proven consultative sales abilities in these areas: research and development, competitive intelligence and legal departments of corporations
- Knowledge of a solution selling methodology preferred
- Proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborate across multiple departments and influence all levels within an organization; willingness to collaborate and bring in appropriate resources to close sales
- Assimilates new information readily and is able to apply this knowledge within a customer organization
- Ability to consult with and advise customers in order to identify their needs and apply knowledge to understand customer workflows and what is important to their business; including best practice sharing
- Comfortable building ROI calculations, and demonstrating value through pay-back/financial assumptions.
- Excellent organizational skills-ability to manage multi-stage process pipeline
- Ambitious self-starter with high energy and motivation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must have strong presentation, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and time management skills
- Desire to learn and grow with an evolving organization a must. Focus on professional development will be key
- Solid knowledge of computers and business software applications.
- Ability to travel up 50%
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.