At Trustmark we help people thrive. We provide products and personalized attention that engage and inspire people to maximize their health potential. We offer employee benefits customized to fit each unique business need or life circumstance. It all revolves around our belief that better health and greater financial security increase overall well-being. And with well-being comes peace of mind. Peace of mind to focus on work and family and everything else that’s important in life. Peace of mind to thrive.
For nearly 40 years, Trustmark's Health Benefits (formerly CoreSource) has been delivering customized employee benefit administration services to self-funded employers across the United States. Each of our offices around the country is managed locally by industry veterans who understand the dynamics of the markets they serve. Every Health Benefits office delivers the personal attention of a local TPA backed by the resources and innovation of a large national organization, The Trustmark Companies.
Trustmark's Health Benefits, a nationwide Third Party Administrator is currently seeking a Regional Sales Director for the Chicago Market. This individual will be responsible for developing and marketing business in the area and will have the opportunity to capitalize on relationships that exist outside the area as well. This position will develop successful strategies and coordinate tactical efforts for new products and long-term business goals and objectives. The market territory consists of the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota.
- Achieve annual new business sales objectives by successfully leveraging existing relationships, developing relationships with benefit consultants and insurance brokers to increase visibility in the assigned territory and create awareness of Health Benefits various services and ultimately positively impact profitability.
- Develop strategies to acquire new business through brokers by continuous exchange of information, sales and broker service, and the generation of broker activity.
- Communicate to brokers through personal visits and newsletters, updates on new products, underwriting and other topics of importance.
- Provide quality consultative services to clients to thoroughly understand their needs and ensure our services provide maximum return to Health Benefits.
- Identify new service offerings and work closely with key people within the organization in an effort to expand services and profitability.
- Proactively develop and maintain effective relationships with Implementation Manager, Client Management and Underwriting.
- Provide monthly reports of pipeline, forecasts and market analysis.
- Attend sales meetings as required.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
Required Skills, Education and Experience
- 5 years of previous experience selling into the broker community or related sales experience.
- Proven experience in providing self-funded benefit solutions to mid-size employers
- Solid understanding of Third Party Benefits Administration.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or related field or equivalent combination education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Seasoned sales professional who understands the importance of a consultative approach to development and maintenance of client relationships.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- High level of motivation and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Team oriented.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Trustmark is pleased to have earned recognition from the Chicago Tribune as a Chicago Top Workplaces 2020 Award winner.