Job Summary Statement
We are looking for a dedicated professional to present our solution and exceed sales objectives for an assigned territory. By working to understand a prospective district needs, this person will promote VLN Partners’ K-12 technology and services and help school districts design or improve their online education offerings. To be successful in this consultative sales position, the candidate will have a history of documented K-12 sales success through setting appointments, crafting client specific solutions and closing deals. We offer a progressive commission structure and provide a fast-paced, 2 week training program, with the expectation that the individual will easily be able to close their first deal within 180 days.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the ideal candidate must be a self-starter with a passion for education. Must be able to hit the ground running to generate opportunities, assess prospect needs and properly apply the correct solution and be able to close deals. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ownership for a defined book of business and attaining sales goals within a specified geographic region
- Develop and implement state specific strategic marketing plans, sales plans, and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services
- Perform the necessary tasks to close a deal including prospecting, qualifying leads, providing product demonstrations, delivering pricing proposals and acquiring signed agreements
- Adhere to sales process standards with a focus on transparency in attainment of short and long term revenue goals
- Maintain SalesForce call logs, pipeline and sales reports, strategic account plans, key account relationship matrices, etc. and be prepared to present them to management on a weekly basis
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products & services
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Goal orientation and self-motivated – must be wired to sell, be willing to stay constantly busy, be able to organize and prioritize time and tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a strong sales pipeline.
- Proven ability to exceed quotas and manage the entire sales life cycle from lead generation to close.
- Consulting skills; Ability to involve others in decisions, encourages participation of key stakeholders in problem solving, and develops breakthrough ideas and solutions
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving skills, interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy including basic computer skills for application to prospecting and marketing programs, including customer contact and customer relationship management in virtual environment
- Strategic selling skills: Listens beyond product needs and establishes a vision of a client-vendor relationship that supports the strategic direction of both organizations
- Professional & polished demeanor and ability to represent the company in a positive manner
Education &/or Experience
Minimum 5-7 years successful direct sales experience in K-12 technology, training, or adjacent industries.
- Proven track record of sales success
- Prior education sales experience a plus
- Familiarity with educational technologies
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com