Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we've evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to have a better day at work.
We pursue innovation, strive for sustainability and develop insights in every part of our business.
What you will be doing:
As aRegional Sales Manager for Ancillary and A&Dyou will manage a team of sales professionals that includes Workplace Consultants (WPC) and Steelcase Design Portfolio Consultants (SDP) focused on A&D and ancillary business. Your objective is to build alignment and close collaboration between SDP Sales Consultants and Workplace Consultants in an assigned region to maximize sales coverage with projects, design firm coverage, and marketing activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing ancillary business strategies that include dealers and accounts.
- Appropriately coordinate and deploy your team to effectively work with the local Steelcase sales resources within the sales region to optimize business results.
- Implement approved sales and marketing programs within the sales region.
- Contributing to the region’s KPl’s including sales objectives, partner objectives, discount budget and operating expenses.
- Maintaining key business relationships in the region with A&D firms, dealerships, and accounts.
- Assessing performance, determine assignments and objectives and provides regular coaching and developmental guidance.
- Selects candidates to fill vacancies on their team.
- Determines appropriate sales volume targets for each team member including targets for design firms, dealers and accounts.
Who You Are (Skill/Abilities):
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of people throughout the company and external audiences. Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- In-depth understanding of the contract furniture industry.
- Thorough understanding of Steelcase Design Portfolio and ancillary strategy and sales philosophy (preferred, not required)
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of Steelcase business, strategy, and sales philosophy.
- Strategic selling, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated, self-directed and willing to accept responsibility for results.
- Successful track record developing strong business results and relationships with all key audiences.
- Ability to maintain key business relationship in the region with principals of dealerships, A&D firms, and key accounts.
- Ability to resolve conflicts within the distribution channel. Keep regular contact, establish market impact, and demonstrate ability to increase Steelcase mindshare with key audiences.
- Can step into sales process and have immediate impact to help close business, while coaching development of sales team members.
Background and Experience:
This is a leadership role that typically requires10+ years relevant Sales/Business Development, preferably within the A&D community. Contract furniture industry experience is highly valuable. Prior management or people leadership experience is preferred. BS/BA degree (business, economics, etc.) or equivalent experience required.
Why work for us?
Let's start with the cool workspace—after all, that's our business. But that's just one of the ways we help people like you do their best work. We encourage curiosity and critical thinking, we adopt well-being in its broadest sense and we provide coaching and inspiration at every step of your career journey.
How to Apply:
We invite you to submit your resume/CV through our Steelcase careers page. If we can make the application process easier through accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steelcase provides employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, genetic information, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or veteran status and bases all employment decisions only on valid job requirements.