Established in 1960, ELGi is a global compressed air solutions provider with over two million customers across 100 countries. With over 400 products and accessories, ELGi aims to provide the lowest ownership cost experience supported by responsive service. Our brand goal of being "Always Better" for our customers, employees, investors, suppliers,distributors, and societies serves as the backbone for our aspiration to be the preferred compressed air partner.
Established in 2012, ELGi North America provides compressed air solutions to a variety of markets and applications throughout North America. We believe the U.S. will be a critical driver in our growth ambitions and are aggressively investing in establishing our market capabilities, expanding distribution, and building customer trust. As we approach our business goals, we aim to become the employer of choice.
About the Opportunity
The Regional Sales Manager is accountable for managing and growing sales to the ELGi distributors in their assigned territory and developing and growing those organizations on the basis of education, capabilities, and business line focus. The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for creating and nourishing win-win distributor and customer relationships and developing the distribution network to facilitate and maximize the share and sales of products for the Company.
As Regional Sales Manager for ELGi, you will:
- Develop and maintain a distributor organization capable of delivering quality experiences at all its operation levels to customers. Work with distributorships to provide high levels of customer satisfaction and to cultivate strong customer relationships.
- Develop a relationship with the distributor organization embodying mutual trust and respect. Influence the distributor's course of action to the mutual benefit of the Company and the distributor. Manage day-to-day interests, plans, and goals of the Company to meet or exceed the needs of the customer. Protect and manage the financial resources of the Company and our distributors.
- Communicate the needs of the customers and distributor to the appropriate department within the Company who are responsible for follow-up action.
- Attain market share goals through product sales. Market and sell all available products to drive branding. Develop and manage the sales to distributors annually. Drive appropriate inventory. Respond to order and end-user requests.
- Develop annual district strategy and individual distributor strategy to maximize on the market potential in those areas.
- Provide sales leadership to distributor sales teams including, but not limited to, participating in direct end-user customer sales calls, conducting distributor training, and facilitating area training.
- Drive distributor performance by holding quarterly Sales/Action Plan meetings with core distributors. Present market share data and competitive trends. Review sales data and distributor action plans quarterly with distributor leader and with the ELGi management team. Display assertive implementation of Action Plan items.
- Proactively work with distributor leaders to ensure appropriate sales coverage within the assigned area. Use data to support recommendations and assist in the talent acquisition process for commercial roles within the distributor organization.
- Provide feedback to the ELGi Product Management & Marketing Organization (PMMO) on market conditions, pricing, competitive activity and area distributor activities. Work with sales and marketing leadership to develop programs and promotions to drive sales activity and maximize the installed base of ELGi machines within the assigned territory.
- Other tasks as needed or assigned.
The Regional Sales Manager opportunity may be a match for you if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering;7 years of increasing responsibility in sales and/or marketing roles; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Driver's License
- Rotating equipment product knowledge
- Direct experience in OEM sales through a distributor network
- Demonstrated sales success within a global industrial business environment
- Demonstrated business acumen and success in delivering high-growth financial results in a high-performance based culture
- Hands-on mentality and willingness to shape distributor culture and sales organizations
Our ideal candidate also has the following qualifications:
- Experience as part of a regional organization within a global company
- Small/medium company experience
- MBA valued
- Experience in driving change within a distributor's organization and processes
- Working knowledge of the air compressor market, distributor networks, and product lines