Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Location: Eastern Region of the USA, close to a major airport.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the development and performance of sales activities for his/her assigned geographic region. He/she provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company and departmental goals, vision, and values. He/she establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base and contributes to the development and presentation of training and educational programs for sales staff and manufacturer’s representatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes a business plan and sales strategy for the region that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Recommends Manufacturer’s Representatives for appointment or termination based on the documented performance of sales activities.
- Visits Reps on a regular basis and provides appropriate tools, training, sales materials, and technical documentation to Reps in his/her region.
- Manages and motivates Reps to attain sales goals and KPIs in the assigned territory.
- Conducts reviews of each sales Rep’s performance to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of sales and activity performance.
- Prepares and executes action plans for an effective search for new sales leads and prospects.
- Qualifies, quantifies, and assesses the timing of leads to advance these to bonafide sales opportunities.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate or expand into new market segments and underserved/unserved areas.
- Provides timely feedback to management regarding the performance of the assigned Region including sales, leads, and Rep performance.
- Develops and presents reports on sales performance, trends, regional performance and trends, and forecasts of performance.
- Provides timely, accurate, competitive proposals on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to achieve maximum profit margin.
- Maintains accurate records of all generated proposals, pricing, sales, and activity reports.
- Updates SalesForce.com CRM databases in a timely manner.
- Creates and conducts customer presentations and RFP responses.
- Proactively reaches out to targeted consulting engineers to provide detailed technology briefings on advanced oxidation and thermal drying technologies.
- Represents company at Exhibitions, Trade Shows, Conferences and Customer Visits.
- Assists Marketing in the creating and presentation of marketing materials and training for customers and Rep organizations.
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Maintains company culture.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's in Engineering (Chemical Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Process, Industrial & Systems, etc.) or another relevant major from a 4-year university.
- Alternatively, a 2-year Associate degree with a minimum of 3 years of practical outside sales experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in sales management for capital equipment to the municipal wastewater treatment markets, preferably in thermal processing, sludge & residuals treatment, or related technologies.
- Experience with Sales Software and all aspects of Customer Relationship Management
- Understanding of wastewater treatment customer requirements and market dynamics.
Required Skills & Personal Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills for a variety of selling environments: one-on-one, group audience, and to larger audiences at conferences and trade shows.
- Demonstrated proof of effective negotiation skills.
- Willingness to travel and work with a team of professionals.
- Proven leadership and ability to successfully grow sales in an assigned sales territory.
- Self-driven, ability to motivate others.