The Lincoln Journal Star has an immediate opening for a qualified candidate to lead retail and digital sales efforts for some of the area's fastest growing websites, digital solutions and print products.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Regional Sales Manager will work closely with the advertising sales team to ensure they are maximizing and growing print and digital revenue by partnering with current customers and new prospects. This position will spend a large part of their time accompanying sales consultants on four legged calls in order to more effectively close sales and will be a strong advocate for prospecting. This position will also play a key role in training the sales team and will work with each member to ensure they are achieving their sales goals.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of media sales and digital offerings. This should include a strong understanding of digital terminology coupled with at least four years of digital sales or digital management experience. Ideal candidates need to demonstrate the skills, customer savvy, leadership and determination necessary to achieve strong results.
We are looking for a highly motivated performer with ambition, passion and creativity. You must have a deep understanding of media sales with the ability to credibly articulate strategic insights for clients that are based on data and research.
Position requirements include:
- Advanced knowledge of online advertising sales including online and targeted display on all devices, SEO, SEM, social media, websites, video, mobile and analytics.
- Previous experience selling digital media or competitive media such as radio, TV and/or agency.
- Extensive knowledge of digital devices and apps.
- Previous experience in sales management.
- Advanced knowledge and experience creating P&L’s, budgets and tracking results to ensure success.
- Proven track record of achieving sales goals and driving results.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven presentation skills to diverse audiences.
- Efficient time management skills – must be able to work independently and handle multiple ongoing tasks with rapidly changing priorities.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary with opportunities for monthly and annual bonuses.