SALES STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATION DESIGN - The Regional Sales Manager will develop a successful sales strategy that aligns with the company vision. This includes the design and build-out of a world-class sales organization. This also includes developing key customer relationships, identifying customer trends, and contributing to the product roadmap through customer feedback.
SALES PLANNING AND MEETING SALES GOALS - The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for understanding and exceeding overall sales numbers and goals – both monthly and annually. This includes recruiting and training talented salespeople, creating and evolving a sales plan, tracking meaningful sales metrics, defining processes, deploying incentives, and providing sales tools to make the team successful.
- Operates effectively and seamlessly as a key member of the sales management team that manages the overall business. Works with the Director of Sales and Executive Team on sales opportunities to drive business performance and support key business strategies. Optimizes the business, not just his/her function.
- Formulates a solid, effective, and executable sales strategy that aligns and supports the company vision. Communicates and executes the strategy with precision.
- Owns, understands, communicates, and ensures that revenue and margin targets are achieved or exceeded according to plan and pricing structure.
- Forecasts future revenue and sales opportunities. Maintains an up-to-date sales pipeline.
- Creates meaningful sales metrics to define success within the function. Measures results, shares data with the Executive Team, and takes appropriate action to ensure forward progress and that goals are achieved.
- Responsible for the ongoing organizational development and talent management of the sales team. From the ground up, builds a top performing outside sales group with skilled, talented, and driven professionals who consistently beat established sales goals and targets.
- Effectively and enthusiastically promotes the EnerNOC value proposition to potential customers, the market, industry leaders and stakeholders.
- From qualified leads generated by marketing and in general, actively pursues, educates, and converts new customers to EnerNOC. Ensures all sales leads are effectively worked from initial lead to closure.
- Works with corporate development and the product management function to help develop and execute on a successful product strategy and roadmap that is aligned with the company vision through the sharing of existing market conditions, customer needs and future trends.
- Responsible for creating and utilizing the appropriate sales analytics and reporting tools in order to set, monitor and meet revenue projections.
- B.S./B.A. in engineering, business management, or economics required
- At least 5 years of outside sales experience
- At least 3 years of B2B sales experience
- At least 3 years of sales management experience with a proven track record of success
- Experience in closing sales of value-based solutions (Software and Professional Services) to commercial, institutional, and/or industrial markets
- Ability to develop strong customer relationships
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quotas
- Ability to illustrate ROI to C-level decision-makers, as well as interacting with facilities managers and engineers
- Sharp financial analysis skills