RSM - Northeast, Central, and Eastern Canada
MTE Corporation was formed in 1982 by bringing together Milwaukee Transformer Co., Transformer Design Inc. and Milwaukee Electronics Corp. – companies that specialized in different fields of magnetics and transformer designs and were long established in their respective fields. MTE vaulted into a leadership role in power quality with its unique AC reactor design and passive filter expertise. We continued to grow as a global leader with innovative Harmonic Filters, Motor Protection Filters and Sinewave Filters.
Now with the addition of TEAL Electronics founded in 1985 specializing in power quality, MTE brings a continuum of power quality solutions unmatched in the industry. Building on TEAL’s reputation of high-efficiency transformers and durable power conditioning and distribution units for demanding applications, MTE is building the best power quality company by capitalizing on the individual strength of each while bringing a new dimension in management, marketing, and quality.
Our team of professional design engineers has well over 100 years of collective experience in the industry and is complemented by as much experience in operations. Our engineers utilize state-of-the art platforms and best-in-class simulation/modeling tools so that new designs meet your needs and the latest compliance standards while improving your bottom line. At MTE, we know power quality because power quality is all we do.
MTE is a world leader in power quality products and an experienced Regional Sales Manager is a critical function to ensure sales growth within their assigned region. The Regional Sales Manager continually increases company sales and profits by building and maintaining a customer base and distribution network throughout an assigned region. This position is responsible for hiring, training, and motivating all regional sales channel members including representatives and/or distributors. Position may also be assigned key account customers within their region that they will manage and complete regular business reviews with.
Overall objective is to meet or exceed annual sales quota and is responsible for full accountability for territory performance. Candidates will be required to be a team player that puts the goals of the company ahead of personal objectives. This position can work remotely but must live in their respective sales territory and be located near a major airport. This position requires 50% travel as needed.
- Proactively drives sales growth to include managing accountability of a team of technical independent manufacturer representatives and distributors In assigned region.
- Manage a region covering: North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania & Eastern Canada
- Conducts monthly reviews with manufacturers reps in assigned territory and manages progression of sales opportunity funnel.
- Develops sales initiatives geared towards improving the effectiveness of the sales team based on value selling and provide customer quotes when needed.
- Creates detailed long and short term growth plans for assigned territory and demonstrates how those plans will be achieved through collective efforts of Regional Sales Manager and manufacturer representatives
- Managers prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports that provide sales and opportunity pipeline to the Director of Sales, as well as reports that forecast expected future sales including the required use of Salesforce.com.
- Conducts weekly and monthly sales reviews with the Director of Sales.
- MTE expects RSM to recruit new customers as well as ensure that existing relationships with key accounts receive excellent service.
- Works closely educating manufacturer representatives on company mission, strategic direction and products launches through presentations, seminars, regular meetings as well as represents the company at trade shows.
- Represents Voice of the customer (VOC) and communicates VOC within the organization.
- Regional sales manager must monitor and evaluate the competition's product lines and suggest new products and service ideas as well as suggest improvements to Product Marketing that will help his company expand its business.
- Regional sales manager will work closely with the local sales reps to conduct regular site visits, assist with sales calls and help train distributors in their assigned territory.
- Responsible to stay within allocated expense budget.
- Bachelor's degree preferably, experience will be considered
- Must live near a major airport in the territory assigned or near MTE Headquarters in Menomonee Falls, WI
- RSM must have managed independent sales reps in the past, with 5+ years of sales experience
- 5+ years growing a multi-state sales territory with both new and existing customers
- Must have experience utilizing virtual sales tools
- Must have experience in developing and providing sales forecasts for sales territory
- Previous experience with motor and drive technologies, or knowledge of power quality markets that MTE sells into is preferred
- A history of exceeding sales goals is preferre
Key skills and requirements
- Great communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability in meeting sales quotas, results driven
- Performance management
- Relationship building
- Sales planning skills