Regional Sales Manager
BGI Americas, affiliated CGI company based in Boston, MA. BGI, the largest genomics center in the world, provides comprehensive sequencing and bioinformatics services for medical, agricultural and environmental applications. We help our customers achieve their research goals by delivering rapid, high quality results using a broad array of cost-effective, cutting-edge technologies. Our customers also benefit from our scientific expertise that has generated over 2000 publications in top-tier journals such as Nature and Science. BGI is recognized globally as an innovator and for conducting international collaborative projects with leading research institutions to better mankind and our world. On April 27th, 2010, BGI Americas was founded in Boston, MA, U.S.A. BGI Americas offers scientific and technological collaboration and services to all countries in North, Central, and South America, provides R&D in technology and product development, and seeks opportunities of cooperative projects in the fields of sequencing and bioinformatics. BGI values its employees as we believe they are the driving force behind our successful performance.
The Regional Sales Manager will directly manage BGI’sgenomics service business with government, academic and industrial accounts in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US. The candidate will be responsible for revenue generation and business growth in the designated geographical region.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assume overall accountability for establishing and implementing an effective sales plan, meeting regional sales goals with budgeted resources and developing key account sales strategies.
- Understand and maintain current knowledge of the company's products and services. Keep informed on technological developments, market competition, policies and regulation, etc., in the genomics space. Utilize resources and perform research to determine sales patterns and strategies for different market sectors.
- Perform territory business analysis and report results to the Director of Sales on a regular basis. Evaluate budget execution, product performance, operation efficiency within territory and report results/suggestions to leadership team.
- Identify key business opportunities in research, government and biotech space. Develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders. Utilize customer resources to expand BGI’s influence and to secure key business opportunities.
- Effectively coordinate with Account Manager, Project Manager and the Production Team to ensure smooth execution of projects and proper communication of project status to clients. Work with Product Managers through collaborative projects with key clients to drive product development.
- Attend national and regional conferences, trade shows and corporate meetings as scheduled.
- Understand BGI’s value proposition in broader scope and being able to communicate BGI‘s vision beyond sequencing services.
- Minimum BS in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioinformatics or equivalent science degree.
- Minimum 3 years of account management experience in Biotech industry.
- Proficiency in selling next generation sequencing and other genomic services such as microarray, genotyping, diagnostics, etc.
- Strong understanding of the market and customer needs within the Next Generation Sequencing industry.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of time.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- Require American citizenship or with working permit in US.
Complete Genomics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources.
Complete Genomics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Complete Genomics and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Complete Genomics has the sole discretion to determine with whom we will enter into a contract. If you wish to work with Complete Genomics, please contact the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Complete Genomics provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran or uniformed service status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.