- Profitably grow existing accounts and establish new accounts to obtain assigned sales objectives.
- Develop a sales plan with specific and measurable sales objectives with the Vice President of Sales & Marketing that supports the overall company objectives.
- Develop business development programs with each key account in the region that include sales objectives and product and sales training.
- Ensure the District Sales Managers Develop and maintain a market development database that includes the key accounts and prospects, the key builders, framers, engineers and building officials within the territory. This is a living document and will be shared with the Business Development Group, Marketing Department and other appropriate personnel and will be kept in Microsoft CRM.
- Complete weekly and monthly reports tracking growth opportunities through existing and target accounts, competitive issues, key activities, opportunities and follow up required to gain and maintain business.
- Coordinate the contact and education of engineers and other design professionals, builders, framers and building officials within the residential and commercial markets to ensure products are accepted and specified throughout the territory.
- Regularly obtain and develop knowledge of the region, including: market pricing, code and product issues, distributors, dealers, component manufacturers, commercial accounts and others as required.
- In all business practices, be mindful of profit and promote the organization as a company of people, service, and product.
- Complete paperwork, i.e. expense reports, call reports, and target account reports. Follow-up activity on a weekly basis to ensure customer satisfaction. Keep Vice President of Sales & Marketing aware of sales conditions in the territory.
- Attend Trade Shows for customers and industry associations.
- Work closely with Customer Service, Engineering. Product Development, Production and all other appropriate departments to ensureMiTek provides the proper products, code approvals, and services to meet annual sales objectives.
- Other duties as required.
- Attendance during regular work hours and overtime as required.
- Attendance at work during the regularly scheduled shift is an essential duty. This includes, but is not limited to the ability to be present at work, arrive on time and be at the work station ready for work at the start of the shift.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education and/or Experience:4-year degree in related field and/or combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and write English.
- Mathematical Skills: Analytical and mathematical aptitude, with understanding of business metrics.
- Computer Skills: Computer knowledge including common MS-Office applications.
MiTek is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, our organizations do not allow discrimination in their hiring/employment decisions based on race, creed, color, veteran status, sex, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.