The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for driving business results and developing processes through Inogen’s RDM Field Sales Team. The RSM will provide direct management of an assigned group of Inogen’s Referral Development Managers and will be accountable for tracking and improving individual and team results. RSM will monitor and ensure team compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities (Specific tasks, duties, essential functions of the job)
- Participate in the hiring, training and development assigned RDM team.
- Manage team in accordance with Inogen’s 5 core values, policies and procedures.
- Meet field sales team business objectives with regard to sales, patient census, and profitability.
- Identify new sales tools needed for RDM success.
- Monitor and report RDM compliance versus applicable regulatory requirements.
- Identify team’s ongoing training gaps and work in conjunction with Training Manager to develop and implement team or individual training to increase production of the overall team and implement successful processes.
- Meet with team frequently to review progress, strategies, goals and achievements and develop actions to ensure achievement of defined sales objectives.
- Continually monitor and track RDM productivity and motivate team to achieve goals.
- Manage performance review process and ensure employee development plans are established.
- Work cross departmentally to resolve issues including Billing, Shipping, Operations and Customer Service.
- Provide regular reports to National Sales Director regarding individual RDM and team metrics to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Assist National Sales Director with regard to business planning, forecasting, resource allocation, etc.
- Identify and execute on new opportunities for Inogen to expand its patient census under its oxygen services program.
- Position requires sales manager to be out in the field with RDM’s to improve, train, and monitor individual RDM performance.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Assist with any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge and experience of developing a successful sales territory, working effectively with medical offices, and interaction with home healthcare patients.
- Expert selling skills.
- Must be able to motivate and mentor team.
- Must have strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Effective conflict resolution.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to multitask.
- Solutions-oriented problem solver.
- Excellent planning, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with different departments within the company.
- Willingness to travel, 70% of the time.
Qualifications (Experience and Education)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, English, Communications, or related field of study, required.
- 7 years proven sales experience or relative work experience, required.
- 2 years of prior sales supervisory/management experience, required.
- Advanced knowledge/proficiency in Microsoft Office, required.
- A combination of training, education and experience that is equivalent to the qualifications listed above and that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.