The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the direction and the implementation of all sales activities in assigned market area to obtain budgeted case shipment levels of all Company product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Able to form and maintain effective partnerships across organizational boundaries.
* Computer literacy required with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Sugar CRM and on-line marketing / networking sources.
* Maintains knowledge of industry trends.
* Excellent negotiation skills required as typically negotiates in a competitive or adversarial environment.
* Typically expected to provide status reports to Executive Management.
* Ability to attend various meetings as requested with minimal advanced notice.
* Manage distributor and/or broker sales activities and provide the direction, leadership and motivation required for the proper sales execution
* Consistent execution of calling new and existing accounts
* Develop ongoing revenue generating avenues beyond current portfolio of customers.
* Negotiate effectively to attain the annual case shipment commitment from current customers, while developing relationships and referrals.
* Create effective programs to achieve sales plan volumes.
* Obtain case shipment levels that meet or exceed budgeted levels for all product lines.
* Establish distribution system to ensure adequate product availability in all market channels.
* Analyze competitive performance by monitoring overall market conditions and account activity to enhance market position and anticipate consumer needs.
* Ensure effectiveness of promotions by conducting annual business reviews with clients in a timely manner.
* Prepares budgets and targets; maintains selling expenses in line with assigned budgets.
* Assist in the development of the annual budget and operating plan.
* Control selling expense and maintain sales coverage on a cost efficient basis
* Utilization of CRM program to maintain account information and sales activity
* Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Bachelor Degree in Business or appropriate equivalent from an accredited university.
* At least 10 years of retail sales experience in the nonalcoholic beverage industry
* (DSD) Distributor, wholesaler and Natural Channel experience
* Proven creative, aggressive sales management experience
* Knowledge of professional selling techniques and use of CRM software strongly preferred
* Excellent oral and written communications skills (including public speaking) in English.
* Strong interpersonal, sales presentation and merchandising skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
* Results driven, self-motivated
* Must be well organized and detail oriented.
* Pass the background, drug test and physical exam
* Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
* Must be able to travel to various locations in organizational service areas, as required by duties.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled