Position Title: Regional Planning Specialist, Cetera Financial Group
Cetera Financial Group is currently seeking a Regional Planning Specialist in Chicago, IL. This is a unique opportunity to join our team to direct sales activities in the Midwestern region.
The role of Regional Planning Specialists consists of significant breadth and complexity ranging from product knowledge across all product categories to a deep understanding of the regulatory environment to expertise in practice management consulting.
- Direct sales activities in assigned region.
- Work closely with internal planning specialist to increase sales in the assigned region/area and develop and maintain relationships.
- Actively participate in new-advisor activity for assigned region/area.
- Provide practice management consulting to advisors to maximize their efficiency and effectiveness. Works as designated supervisor for the assigned region, ensuring that advisors are aware of and are working within regulatory rules and meeting compliance requirements.
- May participate on special projects contributing directly to sales efforts in such areas as product development, marketing and compensation.
- May conduct sales promotions and product training meetings.
- Primarily interacts with financial advisors in the assigned region. Interacts with multiple areas of the company to ensure and environment that is conducive to sales growth.
- Responsible for making decisions associated with increasing sales revenue and building strong and lasting relationships with advisors. Also responsible for making compliance decisions that may result in fines or termination of advisors’ affiliation with the company.
- Acts as Principal (designated supervisor) over approximately 200 advisors.
- The RPS will have extensive investment advisory, annuity and life insurance product knowledge.
- Weekly travel throughout the assigned region
- 7-10 years of sales and/or marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Series 24, 7, 63, 66, or 65 and life insurance required
- Proven relationship management ability
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Really catch our eye with:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Polished presentation capability
- Team Player
What we give you in return:
Our competitive Health program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong financial future well beyond their working years.
About Cetera Financial Group
Cetera Financial Group® ("Cetera") is a leading network of independent retail broker-dealers empowering the delivery of objective financial advice to individuals, families and company retirement plans across the country through trusted financial advisors and financial institutions. Cetera is the second-largest independent financial advisor network in the nation by number of advisors, as well as a leading provider of retail services to the investment programs of banks and credit unions.
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large, established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management support and innovative technology.
"Cetera Financial Group" refers to the network of retail independent broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial Specialists, First Allied Securities, Girard Securities, and Summit Brokerage Services.
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion, transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics, religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law.
Agencies please note: this recruitment assignment is being managed directly by Cetera’s Talent Acquisition team. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners in the rare instance we require additional talent options. Your respect for this process is appreciated.