Regional Sales Manager - Southwest
The Regional Sales Manager will lead the sales process for the enhancement of existing clients, the development of new opportunities and leading specific bids for the company within the Southwest Region of the United States. These activities which will include contracts pertaining to automated fastening & assembly, overhead conveyance, AGV and composite structure sectors.
The suitable candidate will have OEM capital equipment or custom machine building sales experience and be familiar with the pre-contract processes, capabilities, technical requirements and client standards and specifications, as well as be able to converse with clients to deliver bid winning proposals. This person will also be responsible for the end-to-end ownership of specific opportunities from pipeline to handover.
- You will have a proven track record in the successful procurement, development and award of multi-faceted business opportunities, with the ability to nurture profitable relationships with clients, whilst also providing budgetary and technical advice wherever possible
- You will ideally be able to make an impact within the first 6-12 months with an established understanding of all cycles of the business development and bidding process as you will be required to manage your own workload effectively, whilst regularly reporting back to the company leadership on progress with any potential work opportunities
- You should demonstrate excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills and have the ability to form long term relationships with clients and stakeholders of all levels
- You will provide opportunity to increase the number of inquiries within the automated fastening & assembly, overhead conveyance, AGV and composite structure sectors, leading to an increase in successful contract awards to meet the overall business targets
- You will assist in the submission of all bids, tenders and of pre-qualification documents, you will also add valued input with pre-contract negotiations and terms and conditions
- You will lead the expansion of the service offering to a broader client base, and engage with selected parts of client organizations to ensure that understanding of their current and future needs is as complete as possible
- You will create and maintain individual Client Development Plans for nominated accounts and sales pipelines aligned to the business strategy, whilst closely working with the Engineering and Operations Teams to identify opportunities to support clients and develop bid winning strategies.
- You will liaise with clients to identify opportunities for technical support to their business and be fully conversant with the design capabilities, technical innovations, operational processes and procedures in order to better understand requirements and opportunities
- You will lead the bidding process and be an integral part of the wider business development team to provide support to the broader process of work winning strategy, ensuring that the company strategies are clearly defined and articulated
- You will be writing key elements of bid responses, whilst reviewing the work of those contributing and providing advice on content and structure of all documents accordingly
- You will ensure that the client database is used to record and track all opportunities in addition to all other client information including contact details, meeting minutes and organizational information etc.
- You will possess a comprehensive understanding of automated fastening & assembly, conveyance, AGV and composite structure manufacturing systems, and have a proven success of winning contracts and developing opportunities within these sectors
- You will have technical experience or an engineering degree with experience in a similar role servicing the aforementioned industries or parallel market verticals
- A detailed knowledge of these sectors gained either through direct experience of delivery and / or direct experience of sales and business development activity in this field
- Demonstrable capability in the sales and marketing process with strong follow up/organizational skills
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% of the time to customers within the territory and assist with closing other sales when possible
- Experience of working collaboratively within a team environment
- Demonstrable understanding of client relationship management processes, tools and techniques
- Commercial acumen in tendering business proposals
- Leadership capability with the ability to motivate others and drive success within a management organizational structure
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate both verbally and in writing
- Excellent IT skills particularly around MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and capability in MS Project is advantageous
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a strong technical background and demonstrable experience in taking the lead on business development and sales activities. You will also possess experience in developing sales opportunities based on specific client requirements.
We are committed to equal opportunities. We wish to ensure that all applicants are treated fairly and appointed solely on their suitability for the post irrespective of race, gender, age, disability, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, marital / civil partnership status, religion / belief or nationality.
- Competitive base salary, plus commission
- Car Allowance Mileage
- Company Credit Card
- 401(k) company match
- 100% paid healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability plan & group life insurance program
- Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) plus ten paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement program
www.broetje-automation.com and www.youtube.com/user/BROETJEAutomation
Powered by JazzHR