Springs Window Fashions has been part of the window treatments industry since 1939. Headquartered in Middleton WI, we have over 8,000 associates and 18 locations worldwide. Our products are available in nearly every major retailer, in thousands of designer showrooms and showcased in large commercial buildings. Our company is privately owned with products marketed across a broad portfolio of brands including Bali, Graber, SunSetter and Mecho. We pride ourselves as “The Best Experience Company”, striving to provide the best experience for our consumers, channel partners, and associates.
This position is based in the Los Angeles, CA area
Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in assigned market. Leads and directs a sales team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in-line with company strategy.
35% Direct business to achieve or exceed business objectives
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Provide feedback and advice to Customer Service, Operations, manufacturing and accounting in the spirit of continuous improvement toward customer satisfaction.
- Direct prospecting activities in each territory. This includes executing on cold call requirements / campaigns, new customer acquisition strategies, etc.
- Prepare sales budgets and approve sales budget expenditures.
25% Manage and develop associates to create a Best Experience.
- Responsible for the hiring, training, development and performance of 8-17 sales Territory Managers. Give guidance to their activities and direct their actions for the best possible market/customer coverage.
- Ensure that all Territory Managers meet or exceed all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations and sales closes.
- Conduct regular coaching and performance evaluation with Territory Managers to build motivation and selling skills.
30% Stay current on industry trends and information.
- Monitor industry trends and customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Be well informed about current industry trends and be able to talk intelligently and articulately about the window covering industry as a whole with particular emphasis on growth.
- Maintain complete knowledge of competitive programs including product pricing and how it compares to the corporate program.
10% Manage and monitor business
- Monitor activities to ensure that actions are within the established scope of their job description and responsibilities and initiate disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Prepare monthly business review summaries
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree is required. Preferably in Marketing or Business
- MBA is preferred
- Minimum of 8 years professional sales experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years sales management experience is required
- Experience should involve selling consumer products, preferably to independent dealer customers
- Experience with a custom product is preferred
- Willing to travel (overnight travel) 30-40%
- Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
Optimize Work Processes
- Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Operating effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
Plan and Align
- Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with the organizational goals