The Sales Manager is responsible and accountable for growing net sales and building brand market share within the grocery channel and Independent Retailers within the Pacific Northwest geography. This is accomplished by developing sales plans for each account, selling and executing directly to and with customers as well as through third party sales agencies (brokers).
Growing net sales and building share is done by optimizing item Distribution, Shelf presence, off-shelf Merchandising and retail Pricing (DSMP). Sales leaders influence DSMP via fact based selling and trade investment funds. RSM’s are accountable for investing trade funds within an approved annualized budget.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Company Mission and Core Ingredients:
- Crunchy Crunchy: We are hungry for excellence.
- Own It: We think and act as an owner – with appetite, initiative, and responsibility.
- Connection: We build authentic relationships that foster trust and open communications.
- Vibrance: We come to work eager and passionate about fulfilling our vision. When we share our work, we share a part of who we are.
Main Responsibilities & Outputs Measured:
- Net Sales – Achievement of the company annual net sales target as measured by internal financial reporting.
- Market Share – Achievement of brand market share goals as measured by syndicated data sources (Nielsen).
- Customer Profitability – Achievement of customer profitability goals (net margin as a % of gross sales).
- Forecasting – Ensure demand planning has a complete and timely forecast of case volume related to mass and club at the level of detail required by Demand Planning.
- Collaborate with all other members of the Sales team to ensure the company’s sales and share goals are achieved and to share best practices.
- Establish sales targets and net margin targets for each broker and customer.
- Develop and execute sales and retail merchandising strategies with retailers that will simultaneously achieve Mezzetta goals and retailer goals.
- Constantly assess the brokers representing Mezzetta within the RSM’s sales region to ensure we have the best possible broker for each market.
- Continuously establish and prioritize objectives for each broker, and train/educate to assist the brokers in achieving their key objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with decision-makers at key customers.
- Develop and implement pricing and promotion strategies at each retailer that will simultaneously maximize competitiveness, market share and profitability.
- 5+ years in sales within the CPG industry
- Strong sales, influence and collaboration skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Strong computer and analytical skills
The ideal candidate will be located in the following areas:
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Denver, CO
- Boise, ID
Since 1935, we’ve been on a mission to bring a little extra happiness to everyday life and inspire connections over food. We select the finest ingredients the world has to offer, craft premium products made with love, and never settle for shortcuts. We believe that when we share our food, we share a part of ourselves — and that’s the only way we’d put our name on it.
Today, our small family company has grown into a national leader in specialty olives, peppers, and sauces under the leadership of CEO Jeff Mezzetta, and our commitment to quality has never wavered. With an 80-year legacy behind us and a bright future ahead, we’re seeking passionate, driven candidates to help us bring our cherished family traditions to a new generation.