The Regional Sales Manager Simulation Products & Services for Asia is responsible for increasing company revenue and earnings, by leading the identification, pursuit and capture of flight simulator and visual systems in Asia and for providing support to FlightSafety International Director, Commercial Air Transport Sales.
- Increase company revenue and earnings by identifying and lead the pursuit and capture of orders for flight simulator and visual systems products and services within Asia.
- Coordinate with other FlightSafety International teammates to foster a spirit of cooperation, which enhances FlightSafety International’s image as a leading flight simulator and visual system manufacturer.
Teamwork – Internal & External Activities:
- Develop, as needed, a strategy for obtaining the maximum possible flight simulator and visual system product and services sales from Asia by coordinating with the Director, Commercial Air Transport Simulator Sales and the Vice President, Simulation Products and Services, simulator and visual proposal teams and other FlightSafety International team members.
- Communicate with Director, Commercial Air Transport Simulator Sales and the Vice President, Simulation Products and Services, simulator and visual proposal teams and other FlightSafety International team members as needed to ensure alignment of sales opportunities and priorities.
- Coordinate daily, weekly and monthly simulator and visual system sales activities within Asia; (Annual evaluation conducted by Director, Commercial Air Transport Sales and/or Vice President Simulation Products and Services).
- Attend quarterly sales team meetings in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, USA as well as attend Asia customer meetings, plant visits as needed.
- Prepare capture plans to support bid/no bid and pricing decisions in accordance with company processes.
- Preparing customer communications such as briefings and cover letters as needed.
- Support bids and proposal preparation with key win strategy, including price to win, customer most important requirements, key contract provisions, etc.
- Lead customer negotiations and support contract’s staff in development of Purchase Agreements.
NOTE: Most of these activities are handled within the office environment, through either phone, e-mail or letter correspondence. This position travels to Customer locations approximately three to five (3-5) times per month, as necessary.
- Lead marketing to Customers within Asia to provide specific information that discriminates company flight simulator and visual systems products and services and enhancements from competition offerings.
- Contact prospective Customers within Asia in anticipation of their training equipment needs to introduce FlightSafety International’s products and their potential benefits to the Customer and maintain awareness of their needs, desires and level of satisfaction.
- Evaluate competition offerings and behaviors to support effective strategy development for current and future competitions.
- Identify a minimum of three opportunities for flight simulator and visual systems products and services sales annually, in sufficient time to allow specific positioning of the company to compete and win the program
- Lead the capture of a minimum of three flight simulator and visual system products and services sales annually.
- Report Sales activity to Director, Commercial Air Transport Sales.
- Coordinate with the Product Sales Managers and Representatives on promotional materials and programs for Asia.
- Maintain a database of information on the worldwide fleet of air transport aircraft, airline simulator operators and third party training providers for Asia.
- Provide input to and the Vice President Simulator Products and Services regarding the preparation of the annual Sales Business Action Plan, as directed and requested.
- Prepare weekly contact reports and provide to Director, Commercial Air Transport Simulator Sales.
- Maintain FlightSafety International’s commitment to Customer satisfaction while performing job duties.
- Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
- Accountable for the security of FlightSafety International’s materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FlightSafety International’s products.
- Adhere to a required work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
- Report, on a timely basis, any safety hazards observed in work area, equipment, and/or building to appropriate person(s) for correction.
- Participate in the Quality Management System (QMS) activities at assigned site and adhere to the processes related to accomplishing the site's QMS goals.
- Support FlightSafety International’s, and its subsidiaries', commitment to ethical behavior by basing our priorities on lawful and ethical conduct as we deal with coworkers, Customers, vendors and others in all of our operations. (See Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002)
The employee must display a service-oriented demeanor to both internal and external contacts and promote a positive image of FlightSafety International while performing the duties of the job.
INTERNAL - All FlightSafety International Employees
EXTERNAL - Customers, vendors and general public
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university preferred, or five (5) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; equivalency years’ experience substitution must be in related field.
Senior level of at least ten to fifteen (10-15) years’ work experience in a related aerospace field (i.e. Sales, Sales, Public Relations, Communications, etc.)
Possession of a FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate, desirable
Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high-pressure situations
Fluency in a Mandarin, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write is desired.
Aviation terminology/background desired
Ability to handle multiple assignments effectively
Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
Accountable for the control and distribution of documents and/or equipment subject to export control restrictions and the security of FSI materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FSI products.
Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
Able to adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: Tulsa
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma