The Regional Sales Representative is responsible for sales of integrated electronic control systems and products in the Great Lakes Region. Responsibilities include developing market awareness of life safety (fire alarm, security, communications) systems products and integration capabilities, implementing local marketing campaigns, prospecting for major sales opportunities and development of a strong customer base. The Regional Sales Representative must possess strong communications and customer relations skills. They must have a basic ability to design and configure integrated electronic systems.
- Generate new business through industry contacts and existing customer base.
- Locate or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners to discover and explore new sales opportunities.
- Create detailed take offs from drawings to include reviewing and understanding construction drawings (Division 1, 26 & 28) including Architectural, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Special Systems, Electronic Safety & Security and Fire Alarms for sales to the contracting community and owner direct.
- Submit and track bids to the contracting community and owner direct.
- Main point of contact with the customer throughout the life cycle of the project including, engineering reviews, ordering and tracking equipment, scheduling pre construction site reviews and compile change orders
- Track P&L to ensure project meet quality standards, customer expectations are met, and company profitability goals are achieved. Identify shortfalls in a timely manner to improve project outcome.
- Provide technical support to other sales representatives as the subject matter expert for security.
- Conduct site surveys and pre-bid walk through as needed to determine scope of job, to include time, materials and labor.
- Prepare proposals complete with bill of materials, labor, subcontract, travel and any other charges as needed. Secure subcontractors if needed.
- Create detailed project descriptions and scopes of work.
- Complete estimates and reports in a timely fashion.
- Log all work in CRM systems (quote logs, Estimating Log etc)
- Create and maintain relationships with various general and electrical contractors to focus on the expansion of our market share in the new construction and retrofit markets. Link contracting success with service sales department for service contract opportunities.
- Keep informed of new products and developments.
- Attend in-house training sessions and manufacturers’ training as assigned and/or required.
- Report all accidents, mishaps and/or customer complaints immediately.
- Work cooperatively with other departments within the company and with fellow coworkers.
- Manage time for maximum coverage of contracting and electrical engineering community.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years successful sales of integrated electronic control systems in the local market, regional or vertical markets
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- NICET II – Fire Alarm preferred.
- Travel is required.
- Experience working with electrical contractors, ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams is desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills and sales techniques, solid presentation skills and closing techniques.
- Must be professional and articulate with a high-level of communication skills.
- Must have competitive knowledge of all territory competitors, their markets, products and pricing strategies.
- Must be a self-motivator and good organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be able to pass Background Check.