Seeking Urine/Oral Swab Sample Collector for a clinic, Receives and processes laboratory specimens, enters patient and specimen information into data entry program. We have an IMMEDIATE Specimen Collector position available. As a Specimen Collector, you will be a critical part of the quantitative drug testing analysis performed by our client. You will be responsible for efficiently and safely obtaining urine samples from patients for the purpose of laboratory testing. In this role you will be required to conduct routine specimen collections from patients.
Days: Monday- Friday (Monday-Friday Day Shift)
- Facilitate the collection, processing and shipping of urine specimens.
- Collect urine/oral specimens from patients.
- Follow departmental policies to correctly identify the patient before any specimen is obtained.
- Properly label and document the specimens and prepare for shipment.
- Demonstrate customer service and compassion when interacting with patients, physicians, and clinic staff.
- Communicate with, understand, and react effectively to a diverse patient population base.
- Follow Universal Precautions and all OSHA standards when handling specimens
- Strictly adhere to HIPAA guidelines.
- Inform Supervisor of low volume shifts, unusual problems or deviations from established procedures.
- Maintain neat, clean, orderly patient/work areas at all times.
- Order processing & office supplies as needed
Education and Requirement:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Familiarity with medical terminology preferred.
- Valid motor vehicle license and reliable transportation.
- Required driving short/longer distance.
- CMA, MA or Nursing Assistant, Medical background preferred (not required).
We will contact you if we would like to set up an interview.
Job Type: FULL-TIME
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)