This position is responsible for the “on site” management, operation, and regulatory compliance for all SBA sites within their assigned geographic area. This position requires exercising discretion and independent judgement regarding issues concerning the safe management and operation of tower sites and the implementation of management policies and operating practices. It also represents the Company in managing the relationships between the Company and its Ground Owners and tenants, including by representing the Company in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes, and resolving grievances. This position ensures that towers are continually marketed and in compliance with industry standards, and supports interdepartmental objectives including by resolving safety issues, managing and approving contractor work and overseeing preventative maintenance, lighting and monitoring, building and grounds upkeep, and installation. Responsible for performing audits as required by local, district, area and Corporate or regulatory agencies. Responsible for the quality of data about SBA’s assets and completes the collection and maintenance of data about the physical assets to ensure accurate, up to date database of these assets.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage safety by ensuring structural integrity and regulatory compliance for all assigned assets. Inform Area Operations Director of asset management issues and work to resolve any issues impacting tower safety, integrity, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform and record site safety and compliance inspections in accordance with FAA/FCC and safety regulations. Identify, document and ensure that any site safety and compliance issues are corrected in a timely manner and reported to management. This includes authority to shut down and/or suspend work at any site location in which it is determined that unsafe conditions exist or that such action is merited to protect persons or property.
- Resolve and/or attempt to resolve all safety, regulatory, or operational issues or discrepancies on site. If unable to resolve, report to management with recommendations for action.
- Complete and submit accurate Tenant Installation Notices into Mobile Manager within 24-48 hours of confirmed install date.
- Perform routine site audits to ensure tenant compliance per the lease agreement, complete site summaries within 24 hours of lease execution.
- Manage the timely resolution of trouble tickets, including selection and dispatch of contractors to diagnose and resolve issues in accordance with Company safety standards, policies and procedures, federal, state and local rules and regulations and act as an operational acceptance point of contact for new equipment installs on all sites. This includes authority to manage contractors performing work at assigned site locations and make decisions as to whether a contractor is performing the work in a safe, suitable, and compliant manner. Also includes authority to reject work if deemed unacceptable or non-compliant.
- Manage efficient repair, maintenance, inspection, security and safe operation of all tower assets within assigned area. Issues include but are not limited to; alarm monitoring instruments and lighting units.
- Ensure proper visibility and escalate major hazards which present safety or structural integrity issues to Sr. RSM.
- Respond to and resolve any safety or operational issues including the repair of tower damage caused by natural disaster, weather, falls or other causes. Provide immediate support service during emergency issues and incident response situations
- Provide update/ revisions to CADD drawings as needed or as site details change.
- Manage Notice to Proceed (NTP) process by tracking tower modification (MOD) schedules, approving NTP start dates and issuing NTPs on all new leases and amendments.
- Perform A&E and Pre and Post construction walks on all new leases and amendments ensuring the proper installation of equipment.
- Represent the Company in managing relationships with Ground Owners, including by representing SBA in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes, resolving grievances, and responding to inquiries.
- Maintain a good and professional working relationship with Ground Owners, Managers and Public Officials. Keep relations with Ground Owners positive and act as an intermediary between the Company and Ground Owners.
- Collect and track site information such as Fiber, Generators, Lighting systems and monitoring systems.
- Responsible for M&A trackers, work with corporate to ensure quick transition to SBA control, including by not limited to site upgrades (fencing, tower painting and lighting control and replacement, etc.), and tower light conversation to NOCC.
- Responsible for maintaining company vehicle in accordance with DOT and Fleet department standards.
- On an as needed basis, may be required to perform Colocation RSM responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
- Manage co-location approvals, disapprovals, A&E site walks, pre and post construction site inspections, drop and swaps and tower enhancements in assigned territory.
- Manage the structural engineering and tower and foundation process. Including schedules of projects, providing update reports and tenant/ application timelines and processing invoices/ POs.
- Manage Structural POR’s and communication in relation to Structurals, Modification Designs and Structural Modifications with Engineering Firm and vendors for delivery of documents to ensure NTP requirements are met prior to issuance of NTP (including but not limited to coordination of Structural Modifications with Engineering Firm & Vendor for proposed Vendor install).
- Prepare and order PO requests for PE letters, structural analysis reports, tower/foundation modification drawings & tower/foundation enhancements, geotechnical reports, foundation investigations and tower mappings.
- Reviews all documentation to issue an NTP including construction drawings, building permits, certificates of insurance & the scope of work.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- This position is responsible for identifying qualified vendors/subcontractors and planning, scheduling, coordinating, and approving their work.
- Oversee projects that tenants are implemented on a system wide basis. Making sure that contractors and vendors perform in a responsible and safe manner while on site.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and exercise discretion and independent judgement regarding matters which are significant to the Company and its operations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/ or Experience:
- High School Diploma/ GED required.
- Effective communications skills required.
- Ability to lead and influence others.
- Two (2) or more years of field operations experience.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to work with MS Office suite and database applications.
- Travel required, including some overnight.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, and tenant and ground owner lease language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and/ or governmental regulations.
- Effective written and oral communications skills required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Certificates/ Licenses/ Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Manual dexterity to input data into the computer.
- Ability to climb ladders.
- Ability to take professional photographs that will be used as reference proof of completed work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions the majority of the time.
- Occasional exposure to:
- wet and humid conditions.
- extreme cold (non weather) and extreme heat (non weather).
- fumes or airborne particles, with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Risk of electrical shock.
- Moderate noise level but can be loud at times.
In our efforts to maintain a safe work environment for our employees and general public, applicants who receive a conditional offer for employment for a SBA safety sensitive position will be required to take and satisfactorily pass a drug test.