Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Regional Space Planner reports directly to the Americas Space Planning lead, as part of the Global Planning team. They will be responsible for real estate portfolio strategy, occupancy planning, and end user engagement. They will work closely with Facilities, Transactions, Projects, Corporate Finance, HR, Global Outsourcing, & local key stakeholders with a focus on detailed scenario planning to improve the efficiency of our real estate portfolio.
1. Management of the portfolio at regional level and providing oversight and direction to vendor partners.
2. Presenting complex plans and strategies to various levels within the organization.
3. Intensive negotiation skill at various levels, requiring a very strong customer engagement aspect.
4. Interfacing with varying audiences such as Regional Leads (FM, PjM, and Transactions) as well as site leads for overall information.
5. Performing detailed data collection and analysis from varying sources.
6. Management headcount forecasts at site-by-site level with accuracy.
7. Development of building stack and scenario plans at a site level for restacks.
8. Providing support to the Director of Real Estate in long-term demand planning analysis.
9. Detailed site summary analysis and refreshes on a monthly and quarterly cadence.
10. Working with key stakeholders and site leads to capture headcount changes/additions, how they impact existing allocations, and coordinate with multiple service streams in response.
11. Working with key stakeholders and site leads to negotiate and develop block/migration plans and communicate decisioning.
12. Clear and professional communication with business stakeholders to handle general internal queries, clarify concerns, and identify solutions.
13. Coordination with FM Operations and Move Managers to understand implications within the FM and Move Management programs.
14. Partnering alongside multiple work streams to solve problems at a regional and global level.
15. Responding to unique situations with professionalism and service-oriented mindset.
16. Unique appetite to push envelope on global data solutions, continually seeking to improve planning processes, challenging the status quo.
17. Maintaining professionalism at all times in a fast-paced environment and demanding situations.
18. Multitasking and work independently.
19. Maintaining discretion and confidentiality with regards to space plans and real estate dealings.
20. Regional travel within the Americas in support of planning.
21. Flexibility in relation time zone work and ability adjust work hours accordingly.
22. 5+ years experience in related Space or Occupancy Planning role, interior design background an asset.
23. Proficiency in Archibus or similar CAFM software and Scenario Planning tools.
24. Proficiency in MS Office.
25. Proficiency in Excel (pivots, macros, database analytics).
26. Understanding of basic floor plans and architectural drawings.
27. Key understanding of building environments.
28. Experience problem solving based on historic data and logic.
29. Demonstrated communication and presentation skill.
30. Experience working in a fast-paced, multi-national environment.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.