Arch Insurance Group is a market-leading specialty insurer providing property, casualty and a wide range of specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions around the globe. From product development to policy servicing to claims payment, we are dedicated to providing our customers with superb coverage and service.
A subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd., Arch Insurance employs disciplined underwriting and prudent risk selection across all types of business. We have offices in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, UK, Australia, and South Africa.
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, Arch is committed to helping its associates create what’s next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.
Provide management direction and leadership for the underwriting of the Commercial Property, using the distribution channel of E&S Wholesale brokers based in the South Central and Central Region.
The position includes:
- In accordance with business standards, guidelines and E&S Property goals, lead the team to achieve organization growth, while maintaining the targeted profitability and the allocated cat risk aggregates.
- Establish and maintain sound business practices. Provides ongoing assistance to management in the interpretation, implementation, and achievement of those business goals.
- Maintain the desired level of technical and commercial expertise of the underwriting team to achieve the profitability goals, as well as satisfactory customer experience. Ensure all underwriters follow guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate underwriting, renewals and new business, actuarial trends, ceded reinsurance
- Assess the training needs of the team and work in partnership with the Training manager and the SVP E&S property in designing and delivering the training
- Entertain his/her own portfolio
- Escalate new products and services development that are identified as profitable opportunity for E&S property in the South Central and Central region. Develop regional distribution plans with Distribution and the regional management team.
- Participate in marketplace initiatives through interface with key customers and brokers to promote Arch Insurance property expertise.
- Regularly meet with Wholesale brokers, industry groups, and insured’s to present and represent the business unit’s interests and innovation.
Incumbent would be expected to have a BA or BS in either Finance, Business, Economics, Insurance, Engineering or a related field with a CPCU and or ASLI/AU desired.
Expected experience would be a minimum of 10 years of property underwriting, including a progression of management roles.
Required to have excellent knowledge and understanding of tools and systems pertinent to Commercial Property portfolio management.
Required to have demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills as evidenced by experience in dealing with brokers, industry groups, and insureds.
Extensive network of relationships with regional commercial property brokers