UnityPoint Clinic is actively searching for a Regional VP Medical Director for our Cedar Rapids region.
- This position will work closely in a peer "dyad" relationship with the Vice President/Clinic Operations.
- Will provide leadership to Associate/Department Medical Directors.
- General supervision is received by the CMO
- Position is accountable to the Regional Physician Council, Physician Governance Council and Regional CEO.
- Responsible with operational dyad for overall supervision of regional clinical operations to ensure high quality patient care that optimizes clinical and financial performance.
- Create a culture of innovation, teamwork, learning and professional practice consistent with the vision for best outcome for every patient every time.
- Lead regional process improvement efforts that support the development of innovation in clinical care delivery.
- Participates in the development of the overall strategy for the assigned region. Responsible for managing the clinical, financial, human and capital resources of the region by monitoring operating revenues and expenses, establishing and maintaining cost control programs, monitoring budget variances, initiating corrective actions as necessary and reporting significant variances/concerns to CMO. Monitors and interprets clinic patterns and metrics and presents operational data analysis and interpretation to Leadership Team, Regional Physician Council and other committees as requested.
- Conducts periodic reviews of assigned physician and advanced practitioner staff relative to predetermined performance standards.
- Works within the region to structure operations to achieve alignment and accountability within the regional integrated delivery system.
- Provides proactive communication, leadership and advocacy for the diverse components of the region.
- Works collaboratively with Regional CEO’s, Leadership Team and the VP/Clinic Operations on all matters related to the creation of a seamless delivery system.
- Work collaboratively with the VP/Clinic Operations on the recruitment and development of physicians. Collaborate to improve physician/advanced practitioner satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with compliance/risk management team on regional issues. Communicate effectively and utilize change management tools so all are informed and can implement strategic and operational plans successfully.
- Participates with the communication of physician/advanced practitioner compensation data and changes, including face -to-face meetings with stakeholders as needed.
- Implement new or revise current programs and/or services set out in the business plan.
- Actively lead and enlist support for activities to increase growth and revenue in communities.
- Encourage participation in community activities that promote and enhance our organization. Continue to practice medicine in a clinic setting.
- Assures compliance with all regulatory agencies and rules of accrediting bodies.
- Maintains compliance with CLIA, OSHA, and Risk Management guidelines. Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested by the CMO.
- Demonstrate strong collegial relationships and quality performance in clinic practice.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem-solving expertise.
- Knowledge of personnel administration and patient relation principles.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Graduate of UnityPoint Health Physician Leadership Academy, preferred.
- MBA, MHA or related master’s degree, preferred
- Formal certification through American Association of Physician Leaders, preferred.