Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Central Texas Medical Center
Location Address: 1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666
Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade “A” for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of “Most Wired Health System”, Click here to review other prestigious awards: http://www.ctmc.org/about-us/awards-and-recognitions
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
FT / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Is consistent in obtaining high quality images using digital x-ray equipment.
- Transfers images to appropriate storage medium.
- Learns physician preferences and routines and meets these in a timely manner.
- Is able to gather all supplies and set up a sterile field for each procedure that is performed in the cath lab.
- Inspects and documents findings of protective wear according to policy.
- Monitors radiation safety for staff, physicians, patients and any observers involved in procedures performed in the cath lab.
- Uses stock judiciously and in a cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to provide post procedure hemostasis and correctly applies post procedure dressing.
- Participates in patient/family educational/supportive needs.
- Participates in quality improvement efforts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications which could have a detrimental effect on the health, safety and well-being of patients and co-workers. In addition to these communication and safety concerns, individuals in this position must be able to effectively review patient and related medical records, understand nurse and/or physician verbal and written instructions, read labels of medications, safety information, and hazardous chemicals. Therefore, to prevent misunderstandings, errors, and miscommunications in the provision of quality patient care and other job-related services, employees in this position are required to have the capability of fluently speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
What You Will Need:
· Current certification as a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist.
· BLS from the AHA.
· Six months to one year related experience and/or training.
Under the direction of a cardiologist and/or a radiologist, performs radiographic procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Will perform a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Will cross-train into other roles in the cath lab, except as circulating nurse, as needed.