GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Dental Assistant works as part of the dental team providing dental services to the patients of the Center. The Dental Assistant assists the Dentist during the examination and treatment of patients, sterilizes/disinfects instruments, prepares materials, and performs dental x-rays as needed.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide chair side assistance to the dentist and hygienist as directed.
2. Seats and prepares patients and necessary materials for appropriate treatment in an accurate, neat, and timely manner.
3. Cleans, disinfects, and sterilizes indicated instruments and equipment according to acceptable infection control guidelines.
4. Assists in entering information on dental charts, records and schedules in an accurate, neat and timely manner.
5. Provide needed basic maintenance procedures for indicated equipment.
6. Maintain record of inventory of supplies and assist in ordering supplies to ensure sufficient inventory is maintained.
7. Organize supplies and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion.
8. Takes and develops dental radiographs as instructed by dentist.
9. Sets up and restocks cubicle work areas.
10. Attends all dental staff meetings and participates in the health center's Performance Improvement program.
11. Maintain positive and professional attitude toward other employees and staff.
12. Recognize own role in marketing of clinic services by developing positive relations with the public in general.
13. Participates in the health center’s performance improvement activities and performs duties in accordance with applicable standards.
14. Performs other necessary duties as assigned by supervisor and/or Chief Executive Officer.