JOB TITLE: Registered Dental Assistant (RDA)
REPORTS TO: Lead RDAEFII
LOCATION: Rolling Hills Clinic (RHC)
740 Solano Street, Corning, CA 96021
2540 Sister Mary Columba Drive, Red Bluff, CA 96080
STATUS: Full-time, 100% FTE, Non-Exempt
Native Preference in hiring is given to qualified enrolled members of Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians and Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) will function as a circulating assistant in chairside dental procedures, under the direction of the Lead RDAEFII. The RDA will perform all dentistry procedures, clinic infection control procedures, cleaning and sterilization of instruments, tray setup and materials. This position will be required travel based on scheduling needs between Rolling Hills Clinic sites to help fill temporary staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform all phases of four (4) handed Dental Assisting duties for endodontics, oral surgery,
- pedodontics, prosthodontics and restorative procedures.
- Ability to perform standard and radiographic methods. Expose process and mount diagnostic
- Familiarity with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental
- 4. Perform the following supportive tasks to ensure efficiency of patient flow: clean, sterilize
- instruments, and set up trays.
- 5. Maintain and test equipment (sterilizer, x-ray dosimetry, x-ray processor, etc.) including daily
- lubrication of equipment.
- 6. Effectively pour models and conduct other lab procedures.
- 7. Ability to instruct patients in oral hygiene and preventive dental education under the supervision of the
- 8. Review and document inventory and reorder supplies as necessary to maintain par levels.
- 9. Perform charting activities and document exam findings in patient record.
- 10. Maintain clean, orderly and well stocked operatory and laboratory.
- 11. Ability to plan work duties to ensure dental clinic efficiency.
- 12. Knowledge of patient scheduling procedures.
- 13. Work in conjunction with Staff Dentists/Dental team to develop and implement preventive dental
- activities for the community
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal
- safety as well the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly
- practice ergonomic stretches.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities and operations are performed with the
- utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety
- that have been brought to their attention.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- SCOPE OF WORK
- Function chairside dental procedures as a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA).
- Perform mouth-mirror inspections of the oral cavity, to include charting of obvious lesions, existing
- restorations, and missing teeth.
- Apply and activate bleaching agents using a nonlaser light-curing device.
- Use of automated caries detection devices and materials to gather information for diagnosis by the
- Obtain intraoral images for computer-aided design (CAD), milled restorations.
- Pulp vitality testing and recording of findings.
- Place bases, liners, and bonding agents.
- Chemically prepare teeth for bonding.
- Place, adjust, and finish direct provisional restorations.
- Fabricate, adjust, cement, and remove indirect provisional restorations, including stainless steel
- crowns when used as a provisional restoration.
- Place post-extraction dressings after inspection of the surgical site by the supervising licensed dentist
- Place periodontal dressings.
- Dry endodontically treated canals using absorbent paper points.
- Adjust dentures extra-orally.
- Remove excess cement from surfaces of teeth with a hand instrument.
- Polish coronal surfaces of the teeth.
- Place ligature ties and archwires.
- Remove orthodontic bands.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be licensed Registered Dental Assistant in the State of California.
- One year of experience as an Registered Dental Assistant
- Must have a current BLS CPR Certification.
- Must have a Radiation Safety Certification or completion of a radiation safety course approved
- Must have a coronal polishing license and be Sealant Certified.
- Must have a Valid California driver’s license and proof of personal liability automobile insurance as
- required by California state law.
- Must possess the skills necessary to perform duties as per State of California licensing guidelines.
- Must be familiar with dental terminology, materials, medications and instruments used during dental
- One year of experience in a clinic environment.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: Please be advised a post job offer, pre-employment Drug Testing, Physical and TB test are required as a condition of employment. Additionally, you may be asked to get a Department of Justice Fingerprinting clearance as a contingency for an offer of employment. Criminal clearances are obtained to protect the welfare and safety of clients receiving services at Rolling Hills Clinic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Position may require exertion up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in a health clinic setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Will work with blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training. This job routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employment with Rolling Hills Clinic is voluntarily entered into. All RHC personnel are employed on an at-will basis. At-will employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice at any time by the employee or by RHC. No manager, supervisor, or employee of the organization has any authority to enter into an agreement for employment for any specified period of time or to make an agreement for employment other than at-will terms. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between Rolling Hills Clinic and employee and is subject to change by the Paskenta Band of Nomlaki Indians.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years
Salary: 20.00 Hourly